We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

I'm sure this question is asked loads and loads of times. This is my first trip to the carribean and i was really looking forwards to spending some time on the beach and having some sun?

The current predictions are for Thunderstorms and rain for the next 10 days. I've been viewing the webcams available and they don't look very sunny?

Can someone confirm if there is actually any sun during the day at current and if there will be over the next 2 weeks? I'm a little worried it will be perminatley overcast and raining?

Please help!!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

I presume you mean 5th Dec? It has been very wet in Barbados the last day or so I believe.

The forecast often/always shows thunderstorms and rain etc but it is very very unlikely that you will get two weeks of solid rain. You will probably get some rain but it's likely to be short, sharp showers then the sun comes out again. Even if there is cloud do be aware that the sun is strong and you can still tan or burn so don't think you can get away without applying high factor sunscreen!

There's nothing to stop you going in the sea or pool if it's raining - unless there is lightning or if there are red flags up on the beach. And it will be a whole load warmer than Birmingham!! Enjoy.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

I want to get away from Birmingham to the warm lol. Hate the cold!!!

Yes, flying out on the 5th :) I am really looking forwards to going out there. I have already packed the high factor suncream and shall be applying it very frequently, cloudy, rainy or sunny... but i really hope to see as much sun as possible... To see barbados with the sun shining i would imagine is beautiful. I hope it is nice :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

Scott V

Almatt is correct. We do get rain at somepoint, somewhere on the island each day, but it's hard to predict where it will fall. Yesterday the rain was islandwide and a flood watch was in effect until 18:00hrs. This morning so far is overcast and the sun is attempting to make it's presence be known. You will get some sunshine, but it's really a matter of when.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
481 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

Our last full day on the South Coast was yesterday and it rained virtually all day. However we still swam in the beautiful warm sea. Today the sky looks very dark and so I feel we are in for another downpour !!

We have been coming this time of year for the past 4 years and find the weather always changeable with perhaps a little more rain than usual over the last 2 years. Would it stop us coming ? No most definitely not as the temperature is warm, the sea is warm and the people are lovely. Have a great holiday and maybe think of us returning to the cold, damp and dark UK.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

Thank You very much for all your comments. I shall be thinking of you kitchenlady. I'm currently sitting in the office and the air conditioning is being maintained so it's on... might aswell be sitting outside! Further making me want today to hurry up to i can get prepared to go away!

All comments seem to be fantastic... i'm sure there is a sense of something romantic to swim in the rain.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

Looks like today is starting off the same way yesterday did... Now the rains have come again.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

At the moment 1t 1s cloudy w1th a warm breeze and the ra1n has stopped. to be qu1te honest 1 hope 1t can't poss1bly ra1n any more!!! 1've prayed for someone to turn the tap off!! Cos 1've got someone com1ng to v1ew my house at 4pm Honest 1t 1s warm tho!!

Edited: 02 December 2011, 17:32
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

This link will tell you what the weather people in Barbados are saying. nationnews.com/articles/view/troubled-waters/

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

butterflysue1

It is indeed warm. The rain is falling again in the north of the island. Not heavy, but steady. I'm quite annoyed about all this rain though.

Regards

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying out Monday 2nd Dec - Current Predictions Thunderstorm

When we visited in January 2010. We only saw the one shower from a distance in St Lucy for the whole fornight. Never even got the hirecar dirty.

January 2011. Rained every day. Don't worry. It will literally hammer down - stop after a few minutes - sun will come out. 30 minutes later you cannot tell it rained.

We've even swam in the sea when it's been raining/shower. It's certainly not like the rain at home!!

Just one word of warning - there is a tree beginning with a 'M' on a lot of West Coast beaches - don't shelter under them. I know what it's called just the spelling I'm unsure about Machineel or something like that?

Don't worry you will have a great time.