We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Jacksonville Beach...
4 posts
Save Topic
Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

We need help coordinating a beach side wedding and reception for Dec 2012. But we have two unique twists. Firstly, we are arriving by cruise ship into Bridgetown and need travel accommodations for 15-30 people between the hours of 9a and 5p. Secondly, I have some challenging food allergies (celiac disease and lactose intolerance) and I'd like to plan a reception menu that I can actually eat. We have already tentatively booked with Turtle Beach hotel and/or Colony Club hotel but there is a delay in communications, which leaves me worried. If anyone has a suggestion as to a great location and wedding planner, Id love to hear from you! It will be my first time to Barbados. Thank you kindly in advance.

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Carolyn Blackman, St James Travel Group

http://stjamesgroup.com/co_people.html

did and abosluterly fabulous job organising our wedding at Southern Palms hotel 3 years ago, a lovely person who will do whatever she can to help

no worries all will go well

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Sarah P

This link may be of some help to you:

http://www.barbados.org/wedding_planners.htm

Regards

Jacksonville Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Thank you! I will follow up with your recommendation.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Contact Danny at Barefoot Meetings and Incentives they have a wedding department called Barefoot Weddings and Events. His emai is danny@barefootmi.com. He is a certified wedding planner and is fantastic.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

So, DMC is this your company?

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Hi Chrsky, Barefoot is a part of our DMC Network

Jacksonville Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

thank you as well

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

So thanks for that info DMC. Then you must follow TA guidelines, if you are posting here and promoting your business. Please look at these guidlines about putting information in your profile about your business and indicating that in your future posts.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Hi there,

I am getting married on 07 july2012 at coconut court, they can accommodate a small number such as you have suggested, I have been organising a lot of the decoration etc, it really is a lovely beach right on the beach and very reasonable, I went to see it and was blown away, the hotel is nothing to write home about, but the beach view is beautiful. I was also able to dictate what I wanted on the menu, I found huge delay's in a lot of the hotel's responses

Barbados
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help coordinating a beachside wedding Dec 2012

Hi. Sarah.

You can contact Affordable Weddings. They are listed in the Barbados Directory. Actually I can check the number for you. Its 1-246-245-0713.