We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways Club World Lounge

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways Club World Lounge

We flew Virgin Economy last year & so just had use of airport which wasn't too bad, this year we're flying BA Club World can anyone tell me what their lounge is like, is it shared with other airlines, food, beverages etc? Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways Club World Lounge

maty8

Unfortunately, there is no British Airways Galleries Club lounge at BGI...which is really bizarre for an airline which does so much business in Barbados. There was a Terraces Lounge in the past but this was closed when our airport was redeveloped back in 2005. Thereafter BA took the decision to not to have a lounge at any Caribbean airport so they just use the Airline's Executive Lounge, upstairs the waiting area at BGI.

It's shared lounge, there's WiFi, snacks, sandwiches and drinks, television, conferencing etc.

My tip would be to check-in at the Club World counter a couple of hours ahead so you can have enough time to maximise the benefits from using the lounge. Although it isn't as nice as the BA Lounges at LHR or JFK, it's good enough IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 02 January 2012, 13:48
Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways Club World Lounge

thank you, thats very helpful i appreciate your reply to my post Debbie.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways Club World Lounge

maty8

You're most welcome and Happy New Year.

Regards

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Airways Club World Lounge

As said before, the lounge at Grantley Adams is shared with a number of other airlines - but still more relaxing than the larger departures lounge downstairs. Food not much to speak about - a few sandwiches and nuts etc, but most drinks you would want. However, Club World Lounge at Gatwick is good. We normally have breakfast of toast, cheese, pastries and fruit - lunchtime there is normally soup and salads etc, and plenty of drink available. Nice place to chill before take off!

5. Re: British Airways Club World Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 10:23