We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time, large group

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1st time, large group

Looking for nice villas, house rental or resort(4-5 star) for 6 couples(50's), no children. Need great beach, prefer chef or restaurant, bar on site and close to activities. New to Barbados so please recommend best area of the island to stay and things not to miss. Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time, large group

cjpt

I like to recommend the South Coast and it's environs over the West Coast more often than not as it's cheaper and there's much more to do.

Have a look at:

Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Sapphire Beach Condominiums

Hilton Barbados (4*, two beaches, 350 rooms each with balconies)

These sit on excellent beaches and are close to activities.

On the West Coast you'll find several 4 and 5* properties including: Sandy Lane, Coral Reef Club, the Sandpiper, Cobblers Cove, the House, the Tamarind and Treasure Beach.

For villas have a look at West Coast Villas or Bajan Services which will provide you with excellent options if you decide not to take a hotel.

For things to do in Barbados:

Visit Harrison's Cave

Dive on the Atlantis Submarine

Visit the Barbados Wildlife Reserve

St Nicholas Abbey

Take a Catamaran Cruise on Cool Runnings

Visit the Barbados Concorde Experience

Take a 4x4 Adventureland Island Tour

Visit Cherry Tree Hill for breath-taking views of the island

Gun Hill Signal Station is also fantastic

If you're into history, visit Sunbury Great House, also a great place for having lunch

Do take a look at www.totallybarbados.com where you will find a wealth of quality and up-to-date information on the island.

Hope this helps

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time, large group

I would definitely rent a villa with a chef you will get great value with a large group. Somewhere on Sandy Lane estate may be good for you as with most you get a cabana on the beach. There is a really nice villa not sure of the size which is between White Sands & the Maresol on Dover Beach I now the owner rents out I just can't remember the name I'm sure I've got it written down somewhere. There are not that many on the beach in the south.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time, large group

Go to these websites and the chances are you'll find the type of properties you are looking for and the appropriate services.

http://www.aaaltman.com/

www.bajanservices.com/index.php…

4. Re: 1st time, large group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 10:32