We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Coast to West Coast?

Snowmass Village...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
South Coast to West Coast?

Hello, my husband and I will be traveling to Barbados in May, along with another couple (they'll only be joining us for 5 nights, we'll be there for 9). The other couple is fine with splitting their trip up a bit, so we're looking at spending the first 3 nights at The Crane, then heading over to Oceans Two. We're trying to figure out what to do once our friends leave - should we stay at O2 for the rest of our trip (6 nights), or maybe do three nights there and then spend the last few nights somewhere on the West Coast? Do you think that's too much moving around?

If we do stay at O2, would you still recommend we check out the West Coast while we're there for different dining options? Are there cabs or busses that will easily take us from O2 to the West Coast?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

direy28

I think that would be a bit too much moving around. The island is only 21 miles x 14 miles so the moving really isn't necessary. Stay at Oceans Two for the balance of your holiday and rent a car if you wish.

Yes, you can check out the restaurants on the West Coast. You'll get a bus every 30 minutes from the South Coast to the West Coast. Just proceed to the highway, look for a TO CITY bus stop and take a Speightstown bus down. The fare is $2 BBD or $1 USD per person one-way. To save $$$, you can take a bus down, but a taxi back, especially if it's late at night.

Restaurants to look out for would include: Cin Cin, the Tides and the Beach House.

Ocean's Two has an excellent location.

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 06 January 2012, 18:46
Snowmass Village...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

geneticsniper_1

Thank you so much, this is extremely helpful. One other question, is it easy to get from O2 to the Oistins for the Friday night Fish Fry? Is that also something you would recommend?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

direy28

I would HIGHLY recommend a Friday night in Oistins. I'm going tonight actually! Look for Pat's Place and order the Marlin for $20, Dolphin for $30, Tuna for $25... it's absolutely tasty and worth it. Also try Hot Legendary Fish Cakes stall where you can purchase these local delights for $0.75 each.

All prices BBD.

You'll find several forms of transport including Route 11 ZR vans and government buses travelling from the main Highway 7 into Oistins. Just take the short walk to the main road from O2 and go to the OUT OF CITY bus stop and take anything travelling south-bound.

Regards and you're most welcome

Snowmass Village...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

Thank you again geneticsniper_1, I truly appreciate your help!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

If you do check out the West Coast for dining options, I'd suggest looking at having a later lunch. If you're not considering renting a car, taking the bus during the day will give you a view of that part of the island. There are some really good restaurants on the West Coast where you can have your lunch overlooking the beautiful turquoise Caribbean sea.

Snowmass Village...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

Chrisky, thank you so much for the suggestion, sounds like a great idea!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

Loved the Oistins Fish Fry when we went. Our "host" was lovely. I ordered a regular coke and got a diet one instead. When she realised her mistake she insisted that she should change it.....actually going to another vendor to get it. That's what I call service!

8. Re: South Coast to West Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 10:20