We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
555 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

Normally I research a holiday to the nth degree but for once just went with my heart. Have booked with Thompson for a week on the Thomson Dream Treasures cruise starting the 23rd December and then a week at the Almond Casuarina at Dover Beach If I have got it wrong so be it. I would like however for you guys to give me the highs and lows of Barbados and of cruising. In my experience the TA members have always come up with the goods. Thanks in advance as always

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

Not many lows about the place, if any really. Most things are a high for me, that is why i always will go back till the day i die.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

I think you will have a great holiday, I love cruising and also love Barbados.The Casuarina is in a good spot in the Gap where you will be close to bars and restaurants. Barbados is a lovely island and it is easy to get around on the local transport cheaply.

There are plenty of restaurants to choose from if you are not going all inclusive. If you are though it is still great to be able to go off the resort for a change of scenery and to sample the real Barbados.

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
555 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

> forestred. Hi, yes we are doing AI, that does not mean we won't sample the 'outside life'. Whats the beach loke near Casuarina. Are there plently of sunbeds or do you finish up fighting for one and what sort of temperature should we expect in December (a darn sight warmer than the UK this morning lol)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

Barbados is an easy island to travel around - good bus service if you dont want to drive and the day trips (i .e. island safari) are not badly priced if you go with an organised tour PLUS you get to see a great deal of the island in one day. Unlike some countries you are not isolated in a gated compound type hotel. December will be great for weather - sunshine, passing cooling showers, sea breezes and warm nights -( Big sigh .....)

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

I have family (in Laws) who go on cruises from Miami, they live in Barbados! when they visit Barbados for the day/night they go home!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

Jennifer,

The beach outside Casuarina is one of the best on the Island IMHO, long, wide, soft sand. There will be plenty of loungers to use, so no need to fight with anyone for them.

Temperatures are very good for December.

7. Re: Just booked a cruise and stay holiday in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:19