We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing and pampering hotel

Val d'Or, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing and pampering hotel

Hello all, my husband and I are going on a cruise leaving from Bridgetown on April 12. I would like to get to Barbados around April 7th to relax and visit for a few days prior to boarding. I don't know anything about Barbados but I gather from this forum that Bridgetown itself may not be the best spot to choose...what town and hotel would be a good place to unwind for 4 to 5 days? i wouldn't want to be too far from the docks...hubby stresses out at transfer times...We usually like 4 to 5 star hotels and other than laying on the beach and visiting tourists attractions we are not planning on moving much. Any recommendations?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

That's a great idea to arrive a few days before your cruise. Barbados is not a big island, 21 miles long x 16 miles wide, so nothing is very far from the cruise terminal.

The two main areas where you will find hotels are on the West and South Coasts. On the South I'd recommend Little Arches Hotel and Coral Sands. On the West Coast I'd recommend Sandpiper, Cobblers Cove, Colony Club, Coral Reef. There is always the Hilton which would probably be the closest to the cruise terminal. There are reviews of all these hotels on this site. There is one other one, depending on your budget, Sandy Lane Hotel. It's on the West Coast.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

Nathalie R

I'd recommend Little Arches, Accra Beach Hotel & Spa or Hilton Barbados for you to stay at before your cruise. Hilton is 10 minute drive from the Bridgetown Port, Accra 15 minutes and Little Arches about 20 minutes all depending upon traffic. They're all great places to stay and all have their unique benefits about them.

…hilton.com/en_US/…index.do

www.accrabeachhotel.com/

www.littlearches.com

Regards

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

We stayed at Coral Reef Club last month post-cruise. We were treated like royalty. Review + photos posted on this website. And the photos don't do it justice.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

Please note wherever you stay , your husband need not stress about getting to the ship . The whole Island is only 21 x 14 miles, and the hotels on the West Coast ( which I would recommend in your case without a doubt ) or the South are not far away from the Port.

I second the sugestion of Coral Reef, or the Sandpiper for your relaxing stay both of which are in Holetown. I really don't agree that the Hilton Hotel is remotely what you are looking for.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 22:19
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,410 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

Coral Reef, Sandpiper, Treasure Beach or Cobblers Cove all fit the bill.

6. Re: Relaxing and pampering hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:22