We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntes Gardens

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Huntes Gardens

Thought folks in the Uk might be interested to know that the November 2011 issue of SAGA magazine (the mag for the over 50s) carries a good interview with Anthony Hunt and some great photos of the wonderful garden. If you cannot get the magazine then you can see the article online if you go to the Saga website and click on the November issue of the magazine.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 19:18
Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huntes Gardens

What a wonderful article. Thanks for sharing it. Anthony has become a dear friend over the years and we love our visits with him and the gorgeous gardens.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huntes Gardens

I visited Huntes Gardens for the first time today. I think it is one of the most beautiful, tranquil and spiritual places I have ever visited. We took a stroll through the gardens and sat for a while listening to the music which is piped out into the garden. We then went up to Anthony;s house (which is amazing.) to sit and chat with him over a rum punch or two.

We are planning to go back tomorrow for afternoon tea.

I would recommend anyone who has not been here to go and see it for yourself ... its a magical place!

Mentioned in this post
Hunte's Gardens
Hunte's Gardens
2,830 Reviews
Barbados
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huntes Gardens

I love this place too, I never get bored of returning each visit. I'm so pleased so many people seem to enjoy the tranquility of the garden.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huntes Gardens

Totally agree, the whole place was memorable - thought the rum punch was the most amazing drink, unfortunately it was only late morning and I dare not drink more than one glass ! Good enough reason alone to return next time !

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huntes Gardens

All this time I have been visiting Barbados and have only just found this little gem. I really hope I can get booked in for the afternoon tea tomorrow or Wednesday as I am taking friends with me to experience it. The charge is BDS$55 by the way.

I had two glasses of rum punch (the best I have tasted) and half hour later they kicked in! Be warned!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Huntes Gardens

Amazed you have never been before Babiface. Just goes to show that no matter how many times we visit Barbados there is always something new to see. I have visited most of the advertised gardens in Barbados and have to say Huntes is the most satisfying.

Anthony's 'Tea' is the best I have ever had! Had to take care with my driving after!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,019 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Huntes Gardens

Have to say we only visited because of seeing reviews on this site. Nobody at the hotel seemed aware although we did find some cards advertising it -but only after we had been! Promised Anthony we would spread the word as much as possible.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Huntes Gardens

Other than the beaches I think it's the best attraction on the island. The combo of the gardens, the music and Anthony is something no one should miss. I had the same experience as Babiface where I felt like going back the next day and could probably go several more times.It's other worldly.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Huntes Gardens

Hooray my message 1s f1nally gett1ng through!! A must v1s1t wh1le 1n Barbados!!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Huntes Gardens

Well, I went back again yesterday for tea and took two friends who also were wowed by it all!

Richaard ... 'other worldly' is a great description of this magical place.

Dunnedg ... I agree that there is always something new to discover with every visit, that's why Barbados is such a wonderful island.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean