We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
bishopville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Coral Mist?

Looks like there is not much beach at the hotel. Is it always like that or does it change at different times of the year? Is the water calm enough for swimming or snorkeling? Need some details on other beaches closeby or within walking distance. Read about Sandy beach, is it nearby?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

ateparker

The main area of Rockley Beach is 5 minutes walk from Coral Mist travelling north, just before the Accra Beach Hotel & Spa. This beach is in pristine condition year round. The water is calm enough for swimming and snorkelling should you desire.

Other nearby beaches include Worthing Beach which stretches infront Coral Sands, just up the road.

Regards

Edited: 02 February 2012, 16:20
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

You could walk to Rockley Beach, about a 7 - 10 min. walk. There is shade, food vendors, you can rent loungers as well.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

Here is a great video that a regular poster has made. Excellent views of Barbados beaches.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

We just returned from the Coral mist. There is a beach in front of the hotel, the water does tend to come up quite high at certain points of the day. It can be a bit rough, I wouldn't let my 4 year old in but my 7 year old thought it was great fine playing the waves with Dad! The Accra or Rockley beach is really close and it does have some calmer areas for snorkling. We went here quite a few times and rented chairs from the sideshore for 10BBD per item which you could use toward food or drinks at thier bar/restaurant.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Christine

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

Sandy Beach, is a 5-10 minute walk if you turn right out of the hotel and tends to be calmer because of the reef. - Coral Mist is a great location and plenty of beach either infront or to your left or right to be honest - don't worry, just come and enjoy - which you will.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 02:55
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

Basically if the water is too rough at CM, just walk left (Rockley/Accra) or right (Sandy Beach) from the hotel and you'll come to an alternative beach with cal water for swimming.

I hope you have a great time. I love Coral Mist/Blue Orchids and have stayed there 7 times now.

7. Re: Beach at Coral Mist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 10:21