We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

new york
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

Will be in barbados for one week. Planning on renting a private property 2 to 3 bedrooms. I have had some very attractive offers on several condo properties. Beacon Hill, Summerland and Porters Gate. I don't know anything about these areas as my last trip to Barbados was in 1973.

I would appreciate any advice on which area to choose. We are in our sixties and plan on renting a car.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

Check out Sapphire Beach condos

Go to Bajanservices.com

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

White Sands condos are a great place, it is in St Lawrence Gap - the quieter end.

http://www.wsbvillas.com/

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

If you are renting a car either that you mention would be fine. Summerland is at Prospect Bay about 10 minutes from Holetown for dining out. You have a few restaurants closer to you like Cin Cin. Porters Gate is closer to Holetown. I think Summerland looks more luxurious of those two.

If you have a car I would also take a look at Sugar Hill. I can highly recommend the apartments to rent there. I have stopped at Lumiere and that was wonderful with rooftop deck and jacuzzi. Sugar Hill is very quiet and peaceful with beautiful landscaping and only a few minutes by car into Holetwon for eating out. You also get free membership whilst there to the beach club at Mullins.

I guess it also depends if you want to be directly on the beach too, none of those you mention is. If so maybe take a look also at Glitter Bay. I also love stopping at Port St Charles but some may find it too out of the way, takes about 15 mins to drive to Holetown from there. The beach is lovely though and the setting is fabulous.

Herts
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

Beacon hill is located opposite the popular Mullins Bay beach,the apartments are a good quality but across a busy road. Sleightstown is the nearest town for shopping so you would need a car.

The Beachview condos at Paynes Bay near Holetown might be another option you could consider, as they are more conveniently located for a wider range of restaurants and shops.

Herts
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

Beacon hill is located opposite the popular Mullins Bay beach,the apartments are a good quality but across a busy road. Sleightstown is the nearest town for shopping so you would need a car.

The Beachview condos at Paynes Bay near Holetown might be another option you could consider, as they are more conveniently located for a wider range of restaurants and shops.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

Definately Beachview.

Large, modern and great value for a 3 bed unit.

Have stayed here 3 times now - You can't go wrong.

7. Re: Advice for choosing a vacation rental.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:33