We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Herts
Level Contributor
62 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

We are close to booking a superior oceanfront view room at waves hotel. A website suggest that these are located on the 1st 2nd or top floor. This is a holiday of a lifetime and we want to get the right room / right view. Has anyone got Any information regarding what room might be best?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Definitely go for an Oceanview room and i personally would ask for a 2nd floor or top floor room. The rooms on the first floor don't have as much of a view as the higher floors. We recently stayed in a superior ocean front room and it was lovely and spacious with a fab view. The Duplex oceanview rooms also look very nice, they are on the top floor of the hotel but they have 2 levels with the bedroom downstairs and a lounge area with balcony upstairs.

I hope you have a nice time :-)

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

I love the Waves hotel, used to stay when it was Escape & Spa. The only bad point about this hotel id say is the beach. Its really small and not the same now the rum shack has gone :(

Glc2304 what did you think of the beach?

Hope you have a great time though and love the island as much as we do :)

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

We visited in November 2010 and the beach was pretty much non exisistent but we loved how calm the sea was. We have just returned from another trip in January and the beach was much wider (we spent all of our time on it!!) It is a fantastic hotel, we love it that much that we have booked again for June.

Can't Wait!!!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

I was there for a couple of days in November and the beach was quite large then - not huge but a nice size...the ocean view rooms are very nice and one of my colleagues, who was on the first floor had a fab view - there was a palm tree fairly close but you can't beat the view.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 12:22
WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

I think when i first used to go I didnt really question the size but then after we had stayed at the gap and were right on Dover beach we did look back and think wow this is much better and bigger than the Waves beach. I guess everyone is different really though, that was only my opinion.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Having stayed at The Escape and then the Waves about 11 times, we love it. Sometimes the beach can be very narrow other times it is wide anough so that you can walk right beach side as far as Crystal Cove hotel.

We have only stayed in the Deluxe Ocean View rooms but I think the Superior Ocean View are probably as good without spending all the extra for a deluxe room. As GLC said, ask for a higher room rather than a ground floor one, the views are fantastic. Even if the lift isn't working, the exercise of climbing the stairs (which is what we always do) helps burn off the lovely food you get there.

basingstoke
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Yes the advice is do not go to waves,we went for my daughters wedding,and were bitterly disappointed , we spent three nights there and moved ourselves to crystal cove, where were treated like royalty, please don't waste your time and money going to waves, you will be disappointed

basingstoke
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Please don't wast your money by going to waves.we went there in november for my daughters wedding,the hotel was awful she could not get married there because it was the pits the hotel staff was so un friendly and unhelpful had to move are selfs to another hotel.

Witch was crystal cove and that is what you call

4 STAR and waves should be 0.0 star.please re think your hotel because Barbados is such a beautiful place and you don't want your memories ruined by the waves hotel

basingstoke
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

Please don't wast your money by going to waves.we went there in november for my daughters wedding,the hotel was awful she could not get married there because it was the pits the hotel staff was so un friendly and unhelpful had to move are selfs to another hotel.

Witch was crystal cove and that is what you call

4 STAR and waves should be 0.0 star.please re think your hotel because Barbados is such a beautiful place and you don't want your memories ruined by the waves hotel

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Superior ocean view room at waves hotel Barbados

The post you are answering is from Feb 2012 - you would waste less time by posting a hotel review and maybe explain some of the issues you had - more people will see it than on this thread which will disappear in a few days.