We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

I am looking for a permanent souvenir of my upcoming trip to Barbados and can't find any up to date listing of artists in the area. I had read of an Alex but the post was a few years old.

Can anyone tell me if he is still in Speightstown? Or know of any others?

Thanks so much :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

blueindy

There is a tattoo artist in Speighstown on Highway 1 just past the traffic lights if travelling south and before the Shell Gas Station. It's a shipping container that's been converted into a studio. I don't recall the name but I've seen the sign whenever I pass by driving.

Regards

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

I don't know about Speightstown but i had a tattoo done at Soul Touch near Worthing on the South Coast. Jonathan the tattooist was brilliant and i love my tattoo. I am considering having another one this year and i will go back to Jonathan without a doubt.

Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

Thank you BGI! What a great and detailed answer, I could surely find this no problem. I only wish the artists were advertised in Barbados, I always like to check them and their work out first. I am wondering if the converted shipping container sounds kind of sketchy, lol.

Coconut2 I have read lots of great things about Jonathan and would love to get one from him, it's just a bit of a hassle to get down to him on our last day there. This is why I was hoping there was a brilliant artist in Speightstown also.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

blueindy

I went by there this evening as I remembered your post. It's called Ghost Tattoz. Having a shipping container converted into a small business is a very common trend in areas such as Speightstown. In fact, just across the road is another guy who runs a music shop. It's cheaper to pay rent for a container than an actual building and in this tough economy, it's a wise idea.

You're most welcome.

Regards

Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

Well thank you so much again BGI! I feel much better knowing that it is the norm to rent containers now, lol, we just don't do it in Canada I guess since they aren't insulated. I will search the internet for any work done by them.

Thanks again, geez when I get there I might have to buy you a beer for all the help you've been to me! :)

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

yeah i like a tattoo thanks a mill me and my boyfriend wanted a tattoo so bad now to the point we would just die and our friends have one too

Edited: 11 April 2013, 23:06
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

yeah pooooooooop

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

Just got a tattoo from Ghost Tattooz in Spieghtown. It was practically pain less. Love him I will definitely visit him when I am on the island. He is very knowledgeable about his craft.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

Qtpie B

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure it will be helpful to some in the area looking to have tattoo work done.

Regards

10. Re: Tattoo artists in the Speightstown area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:21