We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

I bought a crate of 24 Banks bottles from the grocery store in Bathsheba on my previous trip in 2010. If my memory is accurate, the cost was about $40BDS plus deposit for the bottles and crate.

Is it possible to buy the same from the grocery store in the Gap, and does anyone know the current cost?

Second question: What would be the cost to buy a beer from a beach vendor at Dover Beach?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Hi Smokey,

I think you will get a reply from Brettski on here as he is an expert on the gap ,,and banks

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Take no notice of rockley, he is the true expert on Banks beer, never seen anyone drink 2 crates in one day like he did.

smokey, yes you can buy a crate from any of the grocery stores but not sure of the cost unless rockley can help.

Barbados
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Hi smokey66,

I just did a check with The Dover Market in St. Lawrence Gap and you can purchase a case of 24 from them and that should cost you approximately $58 without a case and $52 with a case.

Regards

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Good to know that there are experts on the more important issues pertaining to a vacay haha. Thanks.

Reason for question, and of course I can do the math when I get there, is whether its worth it or not to buy my own, and carry the bottles to the beach in my cooler bag, or buy them from a beach vendor.

So BRETTSKI8, as resident Gap expert and by reputation a Banks expert too, do you remember the cost of a Banks from a beach vendor, or food booth vendor, etc?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

smokey66

It's always cheaper to purchase a case from a supermarket rather than buying individual bottles from vendors. Most vendors will sell banks for a minimum of $3 and many also sell them at $3.50. $3 x 24 = $72 BBD. So you see that's a $20 difference.

Regards

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

One of the huts at Dover was selling them 4 for 10 bds. Not a bad price.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Agree Billydove - bought 2 Banks at a stall at Dover and got 2 for 5 BBD.

I expect that Brettski and Rockley may struggle to remember prices. Or indeed anything much once they hit the Banks. That's what I have heard anyway ....

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

Was that the hut on the far right towards the road BD ?

As BGI said buy them from a super/mini market. Dover market, Scotties or the convenience store near Rostrevor hotel and put them in your cooler bag.

What are you trying to say Almatt ?, lol

Edited: 28 February 2012, 18:09
england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

No it was the one opposite the toilets, two away from Jans place (which incidentally does great, cheap food. There was a board outside saying banks four for 10bds. Johnny Cool's banks are 10 bds each, but then you get a great place to sit, good music etc. Not that I am an authority on Banks you understand!!!!!!! You know water is my day time tipple Brett.

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I buy a "Crate" of Banks in the Gap?

u paid 10.00$ At JC's, i hate to tell you but you got ripped off...I pay 5.00$ each when i stop by for a beer...I have known him for many years and he does not usually rip people off, are you sure you got that right??