We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monkeys on barbados

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
monkeys on barbados

where is the best place to see monkeys on Barbados

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
208 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monkeys on barbados

We are very spoilt as we stay at the Sugar Cane Club Hotel and the monkeys plus numerous other wild life are all around the hotel grounds.

Mentioned in this post
Sugar Cane Club Hotel & Spa
Sugar Cane Club Hotel...
1,240 Reviews
Barbados
MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monkeys on barbados

Also can be seen in the trees at back of beach in Fitts Village - walking south

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monkeys on barbados

We saw them on the road that leads to the Atlantis Hotel last year and also one was just wandering along the path at Port St Charles where we were stopping and we were really surprised to see one there as we never have before. I think they are about in many areas and you just come accross them but if you want a guaranteed viewing you will see them at the wildlife reserve.

http://barbados.org/reserve.htm

Mentioned in this post
The Atlantis Hotel
The Atlantis Hotel
285 Reviews
Barbados
Port St. Charles
Port St. Charles
171 Reviews
Barbados
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monkeys on barbados

You might want to find out what time feeding time is as it seems they are more likely to be about then at the wildlife reserve.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monkeys on barbados

Where are you staying?

This year with all the rain the monkeys are everywhere, usually this time of year as it gets drier the go up into the bush a bit more. So they might be easily seen near where you'll be staying.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monkeys on barbados

wondering07

Saw you asking about the Wildlife Reserve on another post, that is the best place to see Green Monkeys on the island. I'd recommend you visit around 2pm as this is when feeding time occurs. You will not be disappointed. I live closeby and can advise that scores of monkeys are indeed around.

While its true that they are other places around the island where you can find monkeys it's no guarantee they will be there when you go. Sometimes they are behind my house, sometimes not...

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Barbados Wildlife Reserve
869 Reviews
Barbados
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monkeys on barbados

Had one on my garden fence yesterday afternoon which was quite a surprise, eating a mango! and I live on the coast in a residential neighbourhood close to the Sheraton Centre. I have seen loads of monkeys recently all over the place but to guarantee a sighting I would definitely say the wildlife reserve.

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monkeys on barbados

I have seen them near the Hilton Hotel, on the beach behind Coral Mist Hotel, nearly Farley Hill and also obviously at the Wildlife Reserve!

Mentioned in this post
869 Reviews
Barbados
Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monkeys on barbados

The Wildlife Reserve is definetely the place to see them. We saw loads of them when we were in the car park, but it is lovely to see them with the giant tortoises & the other animals in the Reserve. It is quite cheap to go in. You do see them in a lot of places. My daughter even saw one running along the beach wall at Coral Mist a couple of years ago.

Mentioned in this post
869 Reviews
Barbados
Coral Mist Beach Hotel
Coral Mist Beach Hotel
542 Reviews
Barbados
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts