I am looking to go to Barbados for my honeymoon. I am considering renting a car to get more freedom. Being Canadian, I am wondering the following.
- Is it really necessary? Or I can get around by taking cabs? I plan on staying on the West side of the island (Don't know which hotel yet). My priority is to visit different beaches and just lay low :)
- Are all the cars standard transmission? I only drive automatic unfortunately (I know... shame on me!)
- How is the driving in general. Are the local agressive? orderly? your general impression on the ease of drive and navigation.
- How is the driving and the parking situation in Bridgetown? I would like to plan some shopping days as well.
- Can North Americans adapt to driving on the other side of the road?
Thanks for all your help!