We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good take away food

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good take away food

Hi all

I am staying in st James (prospect) with my family and 2 year old daughter. It's difficult to go out for meals so take away suits us. Most grateful for suggestions for good takeaway places in the area. We have a car.

Many thanks in advance,

Harshad

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,521 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good take away food

Harshad K

You can drive into Holetown and purchase takeaway from Just Grillin, KFC and you can also purchase extremely good takeaway from the Super Centre in Sunset Crest. They serve a wide array of local food options everyday. Closer to you in Fitts Village there are about two eateries around the Jordan's Supermarket Complex as well.

Hope this helps

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good take away food

You can go to Supercentre in Holetown, they have a deli take out counter and have a large variety of food available.

Just next door behind the gas station is Posh Nosh they have a huge selection of take out and frozen foods made by their chef, also quite good. Both are easy to get to from where you're staying.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good take away food

There is a great pizza place - Spagos and an Indian where you can get take aways right in Holetown.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good take away food

Look out for the great food vans that are about at lunchtime. I don't know of particular ones on the west coast but just to mention Leroy in the south offers great food and is a great character. I'm sure someone will have specific names for the west.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,374 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good take away food

Asian Palm Restaurant on 1sf Street in Holetown do take aways which are delicious and the portions are HUGE. Great value for money. They will do half portions if you ask. Enjoy !

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good take away food

You can get some lovely local food on a Friday evening from a stall that cooks their fresh fish of the day at the Paynes Bay fish market. This is not too far away from Fitts Village.

I had some fish, macaroni pie and salad there only this past Friday and it was very good. They also have a couple of little tables where you can sit right on the beach. You can also grab a beer or soft drinks there.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good take away food

Just Grillin in Holetown would be a very good place for you to go to eat with a 2 year old. Its very casual and the have a nice little area with tables outside where you could sit with the baby in a pushchair. The food is great value.

I had the flying fish there last night and it was excellent!

8. Re: Good take away food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:22