We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Montreal
Level Contributor
24 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

We will be visiting Barbados during our carnival cruise in a couple of weeks. I checked and it will be a crowded day with at least 4 ships in port. We are a family of 4 with two children ( 3 And 6 years old). We would like to spend few hours in a nice beach. Any advice to which one to go avoiding the huge crowds ?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

The least crowded beach would be Sandy Beach/Crystal Waters. You have loungers, a lagoon with turtles, a beach bar that serves food or you can walk a couple of hundred feet and go to Caribe which also has food.

Just ask a taxi driver to take you to Crystal Waters.

Rockley is also an excellent beach with a lot of space, many loungers and a number of eating places across the street.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

I would take a taxi to Enterprise/Miami Beach has a lagoon with calm water its not frequented by cruise ship beach trips has a great food van Mr Delicious for local food.

Another option could be Rockley it has more going on around it but it is a bit busier but it doesn't seem to attract the cruise ship crowds.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

This little interactive site gives great information of many of the beaches in Barbados.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

gbm105

I'd go to Enterprise Beach to avoid the crowds as well. Few cruise passengers go there, it's 15 minutes drive (20 with traffic) from the Bridgetown Port, has good facilities and Mister Delicious provides superb lunches. It'd be less crowded than Rockley Beach which would be my second choice.

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

I think both Miami and Crystal Waters are great suggestions for the reasons the others have given. There are calm swimming areas at both beaches which are ideal for young children. Enjoy your day whatever you decide.

5. Re: 1 day in Barbados but during a crowded cruise day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:17