We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceans Two with teens

nj
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Oceans Two with teens

I am reading great reviews about the new Oceans Two complex. I have two teens who like to be active and hopefully meet other kids. Also, I want something more than just a hotel room and have enjoyed "condo" type vactations in the past. Is this a good choice as far as location and likelihood of meeting other people/things to do on site?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceans Two with teens

lastminute26

It's a very good option for what you require. The location is extremely good, the only other nearby property I'd recommend is the Sapphire Beach Condominiums which are closer to the main area of St. Lawrence Gap. There is quite a bit to do within walking distance so you really can't go wrong with a stay at Oceans Two in my opinion.

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceans Two with teens

The other one that is close by and is White Sands almost next door to Oceans 2. Oceans 2 however has the feel of a hotel with a restaurant & a bar and a gym and watersports facilities. There is a great little surf school next door to Oceans 2 called Barry's I'm sure your kids would love a few lessons. It also a great way to meet other people. What type of room are you looking to book?

nj
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceans Two with teens

Thanks for the replies.....I am glad Oceans Two sounds good for us, it does seem like a beautiful property and I like the fact that there is an on-site restaurant,, gym, etc. I would prefer a two bedroom since that works better with my two teens but I am still awaiting pricing info from their website as well as a couple of other sites. Any other advice for booking? thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceans Two with teens

Im at Sapphire beach now and walked in the water at low tide yesterday around the corner past white sands and to oceans two....the place looks very impressive and luxurious.....the only issue for me the water is very rough there.....even more so than on Dover in front of Sapphire.

nj
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceans Two with teens

Hi JSA1974...thanks so much for that very current update! Do you own at Sapphire or are you renting? I haven't looked into that place but maybe I should? Are you happy with your accomodations and whatever amenities are offered? Do you think it would be too quiet for teens? Sounds like there isn't any food or activities on site? I appreciate your opinion!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceans Two with teens

I rent from a person in the UK direct now as it my 2nd stay here...I found him on homeaway.com.

No food on site but thats ok with us....its a 2 bedroom condo with all amenities of a rental condo you would expect in the US.....again....this a condo....there is no entertainment like a resort for instance.....it has sliders to a pool and direct beach access......completed in december 2009 so everything is relatively brand new....we love it.....there is plenty of walkable places to grab a bite to eat.....cheap local lunch at scotties (Right behind oceans two)...or walk to southern palms on the beach for lunch overlooking the beach...also nice restaurants in the gap for dinner......it is quiet here for sure but i think i would still stay here at sapphire vs oceans two because the beach is better....my guess is it as just as quiet at oceans two at least from what i could tell during the day.....im not sure about teens....depending on age they will be bored anywhere with their parents.....let them boogie board all day.....

take them on a catamaran excursions with the turtles for entertainment for instance.....any other questions let me know.

nj
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceans Two with teens

Hi JSA....thanks to your recommendations, we have looked more extensively at Sapphire and have a potential unit that we can rent. Can you tell me more about dining options that are walking distance and where there is a decent grocery store so we can bring some things in to the unit? Are things close enough where my kids could walk alone along the beach to grab a burger, etc? I assume most hotel's restaurants are open to the public? Also, if you know of a map that shows hotels/condos along with restaurants/shops that would help me orient myself, that would be great. Hope you are still having a wonderful vacation. Oh, and how has the weather been? Thanks so much..

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceans Two with teens

Sapphire Beach sits directly on Dover Beach, you should be able to pick it out from this map its a purple building. Almost opposite is Dover Market a really good smallish grocery store and hot food shop. There are many restaurants and bars with minutes from the condos.

totallybarbados.com/barbados-photos/Map_Imag…

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceans Two with teens

The map could do with updating but its the only one I know, some of the restaurants have shut/reopened and may be under a different name.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceans Two with teens

You can grab a burger at southern palms and j cools on dover....but be forwarned the only place that i have found that has what i would consider to be an american tasting burger is at Berts in hastings (cab ride)...the weather has been breezy, partly cloudy with plenty of sun in between....only a 10 min shower this past Sunday......making it simple for you....if you are staying at sapphire....take a right out of the entrance for scotties, dover market and oceans 15....take a left for j cools, southern palms and the heart of the gap where more selection of restaurants.....this is all within a 5 - 15 min walk.