We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half&half or cream

home
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
half&half or cream

Hello

Are fresh cream or half&half available on Barbados?

thanks

John

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: half&half or cream

Yes you can purchase both at the Supercentre Grocery stores

http://www.supercentre.com/shop.html

2. Re: half&half or cream

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2012, 13:05
3. Re: half&half or cream

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 April 2012, 13:05
Edited: 06 April 2012, 13:05
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: half&half or cream

I have to say, I was relieved to see this question asked! We went to Belize found dairy products to be pretty hard to come by. When we found cream (no half and half), I neglected to look at the expiration date. It was on the shelf and had expired 2 weeks prior! So thanks for asking the question and thanks to the folks who replied with patience. This is a terrific forum.

Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: half&half or cream

I have a hard time finding half & half in Barbados...even at the Supercentre in Holetown. We usually buy whole milk (about 3% milk fat I think) and make do. I have seen heavy cream or whipping cream (35% MF) but nothing in between.

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: half&half or cream

dogdrjohn, if you really need that H/H for your morning wake up coffee..Just buy a small container at home, freeze it, then wrap it up well, and pack in your suitcase just before you head out..Voila, problem solved

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: half&half or cream

They do sell the flavoured coffee cream as well. It is hit and miss what is in stock and depending where you are from it does have a different taste but it does the job. I just used Bailey's every morning :)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: half&half or cream

BGI ,Canbys tongue in cheek "humour,"appears tobe unique on this forum,and as such adds to the overall substance of this forum.You can have a view which is at odds with most peoples views and still "air" those views.,its called freedom of speech.The comments were so obviously an attempt at humour,and as such no offence should have been perceived or taken,That said if offence was taken then the recipient should get an apology.One final point is ,,the last time I took some friends to the island ,one of them had great difficulty in buying lactose free products

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: half&half or cream

"I’m a firm believer that if one doesn’t have anything good or valuable to say, they should just shut up!"

And who, exactly, determines whether something is good or valuable enough? You?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: half&half or cream

Can't we all just get along? lol

In any case, I guess the question has been answered - full-fat milk and cream appear to be very available however half and half not so. Where milk is concerned I have in the past watered-down full fat to achieve a semi-skimmed version, probably wouldn't work so well on cream though I've never tried but hey, anything's worth a try :)