We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Option hotels

S��o Paulo
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Option hotels

Hi for all

I will stay in Barbados for 4 nights. It's my wedding anniversary and I must decide between 3 options.

My wife and I intend relax after of visit for 15 days around East Canada and New York City ( wil be so exaust).

My options

Hilton - 250 usd ocean view without breakfast

Accra Beach - 200 usd ocean view without breakfast

Colony Club - 250 usd garden view breakfast included

Could you help me to decided?

Tks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Option hotels

rodycao

In terms of location, I rank them as follows:

1. Accra

2. Hilton

3. Colony Club

In terms of facilities, amenities including restaurants/pools/bars, beach etc, I rank them as follows:

1. Hilton

2. Accra

3. Colony Club

I personally would go for either Accra or Hilton. There is much more to do within walking distance of Accra than Hilton for sure. However, Hilton has better rooms, amenities, food etc. All of Hilton's rooms have a balcony and either a view of the ocean or of Carlisle Bay, where as, most of Accra's rooms view inland, with some ocean view rooms on offer and few balconies.

Something for you and your significant other to ponder I reckon.

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 07 April 2012, 17:23
Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Option hotels

With Accra you have easy access to the south coast boardwalk and its restaurants and walking path etc. However if you get a room on the road side of the hotel there will be traffic noise. There is also a smallish shopping mall across the road from Accra and a spa which might be a nice treat for your anniversary gift. The beach at Accra is also quite good though the water can be 'wavey'.

www.accrabeachhotel.com/site/welcome.html

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Option hotels

If calm sea is a priority for you then I would go for the Colony Club on the West Coast. Nice peaceful location but within very easy reach of Holetown.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Option hotels

I generally stay on the south coast but I do agree with Babiface on this one - it seems a very good deal at the Colony Club to me. My second choice would be Accra Beach as explained by Mrs BB. The beach at the Hilton is lovely too - enjoy your stay whatever you decide.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,863 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Option hotels

The Colony Club is a lovely 4 star Hotel set in beautiful garden surroundings, on one of the best beaches on the West Coast, in close proximity to Holetown with it's highly varied shopping, restaurants and bars ------------------ I do not beleive the other 2 hotels mentioned hold a candle to it for your requirements.

6. Re: Option hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2013, 10:18