We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Cane Club

NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Cane Club

Does anyone know if the marina construction that was underway down by the beach that Sugar Cane uses is finished? There were comments posted over a year ago about it, but nothing lately. I assume it is finished?

And if anyone can tell me what time the bars open - close at the hotel.

Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Cane Club

Construction is still ongoing and will be that way for a while.

It depends on the hotel, some stay open longer than others.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Cane Club

NycBeano1754

No, the monstrosity called Port Ferdinand is not finished. I live nearby and have to drive past there daily in all the noise and marl dust. Just today they have the road closed there through the fishing village and traffic has to divert. Should be going on for another 4-6 months at least I reckon.

The main bar La Salsa is open from 10am to 10:30pm.

Regards

Edited: 12 April 2012, 20:45
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Cane Club

As the others have said, not finished, and as BGI says indeed a monstrosity. However you could use the beach to the left of the pier at Port St Charles accessed between Port St Charles and Almond Beach Village, you don't see the mess or hear the noise from there. You won't have chairs but I believe SCC supply a picnic for your lunch should you want one. I think they are also taking people to Mullins who want to go. You can rent chairs there too.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Cane Club

I passed Mullins beach a couple of days ago and was shocked at how tiny it's become and how people were crammed together up by the road in order to be there. I'd choose another beach as it seems to have eroded to almost nothing. Hope this is a temporary situation.

Edited: 12 April 2012, 22:38
5. Re: Sugar Cane Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:15