We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving or departure tax

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
arriving or departure tax

We have booked our airline tickets through AA, and we are using our frequent air miles for our air portion of our trip, Is there a arriving/ departure tax that we must pay for our stay. We are paying $50.US for each for the airfares, so I know there are no taxes associated with the price. Thank you

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving or departure tax

Probably best if you call AA and see how they deal with it.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving or departure tax

Jorge G

No there is no tax whatsoever which will be levied on you either arriving or departing. All the necessary taxes are charged by the airline in advance. Our departure tax adds up to a total of $30 USD, but as I said, it's the airline's responsibility to collect it and pay it to the airport directly.

I'm an AAdvantage member as well and travel annually using my miles. The price quoted on AA.com is what I always pay, inclusive of all taxes and surcharges.

You can feel free to contact AAdvantage at 1-800-433-7300, 24hrs a day.

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 16 April 2012, 01:29
Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving or departure tax

For those Canadians reading this thread...

f you use Aeroplan for your flight to Barbados you will be asked by Air Canada to pay (per person)

Barbados Airport Facilitation $1.60

Barbados Passenger Service Charge $29.20

Barbados Security Fee $2.70

Total of $33.50

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arriving or departure tax

I'm assuming this applies to WestJet as well? Just wondering what kind of funds I'll need readily available when entering/leaving Barbados.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arriving or departure tax

Steve P, the only funds you will need come into and going out of Barbados would be small bills to pay for the redcaps (skycaps, baggage guys etc) and taxi fair, if you need that. you no longer pay a departure tax to the official's in Barbados as the cost is included in your airfare. "free" tickets always carry some type of tax and those departure taxes will be included with what you pay when the ticket is issued. Please note that sometimes even free tickets that you win for prizes may also require YOU to pay those taxes and that would/should be done when the ticket is issued to you buy the airline/ticket agent etc..

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arriving or departure tax

I fly AC most of the time and use points quite a bit. When you either pay your regular ticket or use points there's always a tax and as Sunniegbi said it's all included.

Not a problem in Canada regardless who you fly with.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arriving or departure tax

Yes I should have included in my earlier post the Canadian taxes and user fees as well.

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arriving or departure tax

It's smart that they make it included. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,108 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: arriving or departure tax

It's included for Barbados but not all Carribean Islands.

10. Re: arriving or departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:42