We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Topic
Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

From April 25th, 2012, Banks Beer has been available at one of your leading supermarket chains, the amazing Tesco! You can purchase a 350ml bottle of Banks for just £1 which is an AMAZING price for the UK.

Follow the Facebook page where you'll see a photo of the beer in a Tesco Extra store.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/mybanksbeer

I just spoke with a relative in the UK who confirmed to me that the beer is available at Tesco Extra's in Reading and Slough which makes perfect sense since there are so many Barbadians living in those areas, not to mention other Caribbean nationals.

Every Little Helps! and I know this will help many of you as you'll no longer have to pack your bags down with bottles of beer or long in despair for that Barbados holiday to come around.

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

BGI

we returned to Bim in August,and are due to arrive May 21st this year,my wife has been saving her last bottle of banks for 8 months now and will savour it the night before we fly,do you really think i will tell her Banks now available over here?? No chance lol.......

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

fletch69

8 months? You better check the expiration date. They usually only have 6-7 months from the date of purchase to be consumed. Maybe you'll have to avoid Tesco until May 21st and go over to another supermarket haha!

Regards

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

OH NO !!!

Just looked in the fridge and theres no consume by date,must have eroded in fridge,so not only do i now have to keep it a secret that Banks is available here,i have to purchase another bottle to replace this one lol!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

fletch69

Well I just checked three bottles here in a case which I bought just before Christmas 2011, and they expire in June 2012... so that's 6-7 months as well.... so it might be a bit flat while drinking lol!

Regards

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

Hey Fletch...YOU could volunteer to do the shopping for your poor thirsty wife...lol

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

Fletch, I hope your wife's Banks fared better on its flight to the UK than ours did when we tried that. Ours tasted awful - hopefully the Tesco's stock will have travelled better. Or maybe it's just a beer that needs to be drunk in the sun lol

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

I love Banks .....when I am in Barbados.

Much of my anticipation before we visit is looking forward to my first Banks. I ususally take one or two bottles back and they never taste as good as they do in Barbados. Not saying I wont seaarch out a bottle or two in Tesco but I cant see this being my drink of choice in Scotland.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

In other great news, I'm sitting here drinking an ice cold Crabbies I bought from Super Centre this morning... albeit for $10.25 BBD compared to £1.89 in Tesco... tastes just as good. I absolutely love drinking them in the UK!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

Crabbies Ginger Wine is an old Scottish tradition drunk as a mixer in black demerara rum. Great when you have a cold. The alchoholic Crabbies Ginger Beer is relatively new and I was amazed to see it on the shelves in Barbados last summer.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attention Banks Beer Fans in the UK

My OH's birthday is 10th May and we fly out 12th, so I will try and get him a bottle or two to get ready for our departure!