We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May 2012

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather in May 2012

Can anyone tell me how much rain falls during the day at the moment? The weather forecast shows rain every day from 6th May when we arrive in Barbados.... not good!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May 2012

No, because it's unpredictable. It will most likely be brief hard showers but it can be much more. You're 13.4 degrees north of the equator where rain is necessary and quite usual.

Just bring your sunscreen and enjoy the heat and sun.

I wish there was a weather predicting website that was accurate but I haven't found one yet.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 12:10
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May 2012

As Canby said it's so unpredictable, but i was there for 3 weeks during May 2011 and i saw 1 days rain all my stay.

I will be there again this May.

Enjoy yourself !

London
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May 2012

I have looked at all the usual ones BBC weather etc and all say rain! I hope it will only be brief as had enough of this English rain and was hoping for long sunny days! How depressing! Thanks anyways

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May 2012

Please take no notice of the BBC weather - there can be heavy rain inland but clear blue skies on the coast.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,356 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May 2012

Go to this website and see the daily weather report on the news. David Best does the weather report between 7:30 and 7:40 in the evening Barbados time. http://www.cbc.bb/

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May 2012

We go every year in May and the weather is lovely. You may have a few showers but they usually don't last long. On the whole the weather is beautiful. 17 sleeps until our holiday and can't wait.

If it rains just think of it as liquid sunshine and enjoy!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May 2012

I have been to Barbados in May/June many many times and have always had brilliant weather. Try not to look at those forecasts any more, they really do mean nothing!

Just go and enjoy all that heat and sunshine which you will be SURE to get!

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in May 2012

I absolutely agree with Babiface's comment. The weather forecast is not worth looking at as it may be raining in one part of the island and it could be beautiful and sunny where you are. Just enjoy :-)

London
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in May 2012

Ok thanks all, feel a little more positive now...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in May 2012

I agree with the others, ignore the weather forecasts!

I got back yesterday, having had nine days of lovely weather - it rained a few times, but I think the longest it lasted was about 15 minutes. I hadn't looked at the forecast, but I'm pretty sure it would have said rainy blah blah as it always does...