We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

louisiana
Level Contributor
208 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

My husband and I will be traveling next month with our 15 month old we are looking for some suggestions for lunch (we will have a rental so offsite a bit would be fine) and dinner recommendations a few more affordable along with. Maybe one or two higher end. For dinner it would be nice if we could bring a stroller in. Also any beach bar suggestions? Any suggestions would be Helpful!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

sam0256

I'd recommend the following places: Champers, Tapas, Blakey's, Ackee Tree, Side Shore Beach Bar, Barbeque Barn at Chefette and Brown Sugar. All within a 12 minute drive from the Bougainvillea.

I'm sure others will add to this list!

Regards

Edited: 09 May 2012, 07:14
London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

Not many Restaurants within walking distance of the Bougainvillea but as you've got a car I would recommend trying Harlequin and Pisces restaurants in St Lawrence Gap, Pisces is at the higher end. A good Beach Bar within driving distance is The Carib Beach Bar on Worthing Beach.

http://www.harlequinrestaurant.com/

http://www.piscesbarbados.com/

barbadospocketguide.com/eat-and-drink-in-bar…

I'm sure you'll get plenty of other recommendations, everyone has their own favourite places to eat out in Barbados, these are 3 of mine.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

During the day you can walk down the beach to the quite end of the Gap, there is a beach bar called Salt Ash that is on a part of Dover Beach called White Sands.

Affordable and reached by car I would add Shakers and Just Grillin'. Just Grillin' is opposite Accra Beach Hotel in Quayside and Shakers is more difficult to find but coming from the Bougainvillea keep on the coast road turn right at Bubbas and left at Chicken Galore.

I've been to the Bougainvillea many times and you will love it!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

If you are looking for reasonable priced, excellent food for lunch that is right outside the Bougainvillea from Monday to Friday around 12:00pm, make sure you try Leroy's Down Island Cooking. He has a food van that the hotel has allowed him to park in their parking lot across the street.. He provides a great selection of fresh food every day.....lamb, curry , chicken, fish, peas and rice, macaroni pie and creamed potatoes. The large was $20 and the small was $12 Barbados dollars.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

Totally agree Leroy is the best he does great drinks too! He's at the Divi in the gap from about 2 as well.

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

Last time I was there I had heard about Leroy but never ended up getting anything from the van. Thanks for the tip about him being in the gap later on as well, will have to check it out.

louisiana
Level Contributor
208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

I was wondering if anyone may have some child care suggestions? My husband and I are interested in swimming with the turtle excursion and possibly going to dinner one night without the toddler in tow;) any suggestions on a reliable service or if the hotel has sitters readily available? Lastly will my daughter be allowed in the kids club if we pay by the hour so she has more supervision? Thinking she may need to get out of the sun ;)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

sam0256

Most hotels in Barbados will organise babysitting services for guests, so I'm certain Bougainvillea would as well. Most hotels via the sitter will charge $10 USD/hr for this service.

With regards to Bougainvillea's Kids Club, AFAIK, it's $20 USD a day per child including lunch and a snack....not by the hour. Also, AFAIK, Bougainvillea only takes kids 3-12 years old in their Kids Club.

You can also e-mail res@bougainvillearesort.com with any enquiries.

Hope this helps

Regards

9. Re: Affordable restaurants near BourgainvIllea with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:15