We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SoCo Hotel ?

SoCo Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 18:05
Northampton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

It may be Escape at gap that hotel was being refurbed ?

Dave

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

In January, Magic Isle had no work going on there at all.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

This "SoCo Hotel" sounds closest to being the former Allamanda Beach Hotel as I know for certain it was scheduled to be opened in April 2012. This was confirmed earlier this year by owners Harlequin Hotels & Resorts. However, Allamanda had 50 rooms.... which is twice what this property will be offering so something seems a bit off there IMHO.

Also, Harlequin said at the time they would bring a “South Beach/Miami Beach” style hotel to the market ancd when completed, it will offer 46 luxury suites, a new cocktail style bar, upscale restaurant, spa garden, pools and gym. So they said 46, now this website says 24...hmmm

The last official word I heard, was that it was opening around the same time as the Holiday Inn Bridgetown, in mid-July 2012, but no name was given.

It's definitely not Caribee, Escape at the Gap or Magic Isle....as I've checked.

That's all I know.

Edited: 09 May 2012, 21:32
Manchester, England.
Level Contributor
146 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

Definately Allamanda old site, passed the hoardings last Feb which mentioned Harlequin development.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

It's the long-delayed "H" boutique hotel by the notorious Harlequin Properties. As such, don't expect it to be open any time soon.

More info here:

http://tinyurl.com/77jqmd8

Background info here:

http://tinyurl.com/cdgcbt9

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

Oh my word....I don't believe it!!! A Harlequin development!!! Well it won't be ready on time....I have been following a Harlequin development ....Buccament bay in St Vincent. Nearly booked there following an email offering a week there for £1700 . Read the reviews, most of the bad ones disappeared and most of the excellent reviews were written by investors!! They have a ponzi scheme. The travel forum has had many posts deleted about Buccament Bay and a website called Harlecon is now up and running as whole forum topics were deleted.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

For anymore info, go to Harlecon website, there is loads of info all about the Allamanda Hotel ....don't think it will be ready anytime soon!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

We've been waiting five years already for the Merricks Resort in St. Philip... will probably wait five more.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,353 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

Well the Tropical Sky website said bookings from 15 August. No year was specified!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: SoCo Hotel ?

So sad, just got back from the area last week and yes the advertising boards for Harlequin are promenent along the boardwalk at the old Allamanda site. Not much construction action going on though. Such a perfect location!!