We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

i need some help, I am about to book my honeymoon to babrados and st lucia but i don't know if i should wait for a bit before booking, in case prices drop some more, currently am seeing flights for around £600. Is it the right time to book, or should I wait?

Any advice please?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Virgin and/or BA often have a flight sale in the summer. When one of them drops prices, the other tends to follow suit. You may well get better prices if you hold on for a month or two, especially if you can be flexible about dates. Only you can decide if you need to book now to secure specific dates as it is for your honeymoon. It's a balancing exercise!

Have you looked at Newmont Travel for flights? They are often cheapest.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

If you are seeing flights going in and out of different islands at about £600 that seems a good price. IMO I don't think that there will be return flights to Barbados under £520 or so this year with the tax increases, unless the market really slows down. Summer may be difficult in the Caribbean as the improved Euro rate makes Europe seem attractive again.

CRC was doing £535 Newmont is normally the same, these were prices until mid December.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Harpreet85

For travel in October, I'd definitely wait. BA always has a Summer Sale on in July with tickets as low as £500 to destinations such as BGI and UVF. The current standard fare is about £616 so you stand to save about £100 each by waiting.

I'm also waiting on that sale to start to book flights for relatives in the UK to fly down in late September.

Regards

Edited: 11 May 2012, 11:12
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Newmont Travel have flights at the moment in October for £533 flying B.A.

You could save a little by waiting until the July/August sales but they probably wont drop below £500.

So as Almatt has pointed out, it depends just how soon you need to secure your flights.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
557 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Thanks to babiface and others I booked for September with Newmont and paid £535 for each flight to Barbados with BA. You only pay a small deposit as well which is better than all the other companies I looked at.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

For years now. We book accommodation first - and play a waiting game. They DO fluctuate. Already got flights booked for next January.

Saw a good price - and booked there and then.

Saarbrucken, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Message to BGI WorldTraveller

I am also waiting for the summer sale of BA to come.... At the moment I can only see 1 flight a day from LGW to BGI in October. Will BA have a second flight to BGI in October? I am a bit concerned that there won't be a summer sale and we already rented the house...

Regards,

Curacao2012

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

I'll let you know when I've booked my flights - the sales have an annoying habit of appearing just after.... lol

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

BGI world traveler,

Can you advise the best time to purchase flights from the US for a trip in April. We usually fly USAIR or AA from Raleigh NC or Charlotte NC.

Thanks,

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelling barbados october - -should i book now or wait

Curacao2012

Rest assured, there is always a massive BA summer sale each year. This year I suspect it'll be even more special as they're the official airline London 2012. Expect a ticket no lower than £499 tax inclusive.

BA has temporarily suspended the 2nd flight from March 25th, 2012 until October 28th, 2012. This is because of the vicious APD tax regime which has affected bookings to Barbados. That extra aircraft has been deployed to Orlando for the summer. Nonetheless, from October 28th, 2012, British Airways will once again have 12 flights a week direct from London Gatwick. These flights will operate as follows: BA2155 will operate daily and depart LGW at 11:00, arriving BGI at 15:45. The return BA2154 will depart BGI at 17:50, arriving LGW at 05:55 the next morning. BA2153 will operate on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, BA2153 will depart LGW at 11:55, arriving BGI at 16:40. On those same days, the return BA2152 will depart BGI at 22:10, arriving LGW at 10:15 the next morning. On Fridays ONLY, BA2153 will depart LGW at 12:45, arriving BGI at 17:30. On Fridays ONLY, the return flight will operate as BA2252 and will depart BGI at 19:10, arriving at LGW at 07:15 the next morning.

Hope this helps

Regards