We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
212 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

Hello All,

We are currently booked at the Hilton based on friend's recommendations, but typically we rent villas for the spaciousness and privacy. We are considering a villa at Coral Cove, but while I have read that Payne's Bay beach is beautiful, I have also read that the beach vendors can be especially aggressive and that the jet skis in the area can be a bit dangerous. I'm not sure if this is a problem on the stretch of beach that Coral Cove is located. I don't mind beach vendors, but there are quite a few reviews of Payne's Bay that concern me for the vendor's aggressiveness and I'm wondering if this is something I would have to deal with vs. staying at the Hilton. Lots of folks on here that know this lovely Island far better than I do, so I appreciate any feedback on these concerns.

Many Thanks in advance

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

In all the 20 years I have been coming to barbados I can honestly say I have NEVER met an agressive beach vendor--------------------maybe that is because I smile at them and have a little chat, even if I am saying no. I find the agression or often just plain rudeness is seen more on the visitor's side !!! Politeness and a smile costs nothing.and these are just people trying to make an honest living.

There are jetskis operating at Paynes, but they stick to their area ( again apart from the tourists who don't listen to what they are told ) and they will not affect your swimming and snorkelling . Paynes is a lovely beach, and you really shouldn't worry at all.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

I am so glad to read this. There are some reviews of Paynes on TA that are very concerning, but I realize that it can sometimes reflect an atypical experience, which is why I put the question out there. I don't mind beach vendors, but I don't wish to be intimidated on holiday either, and seeing as it is a condo we are considering, I wanted to be sure this was not a reasonable concern. It looks like an exquisite beach, and I wanted to book without reservation. Thanks for taking the time and giving feedback.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 18:59
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy you holiday which I'm sure ,you will .

Edited: 23 May 2012, 19:12
england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

I have to agree that I have never met an aggressive beach vendor in Barbados.Just a polite no thank you will do or as Westie says you can have a little chat.

south east
Level Contributor
923 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

I know Paynes Bay really well and have stayed many times - including at Coral Cove. It is a brilliant development and we have always had a fabulous time. The staff at the condos are all lovely and do anything they can to help. The security guards place the sunbeds on the beach very early in the morning and they have a very good relationship with the other beach chair vendors. The cruisers are brought in further down the beach and any issues in the past seem to have been at that end - near the St James apartments. Also, most of the aggressiveness in the past seems to have been between the vendors themselves - and in fact, one of the key trouble makers is no longer around (permanently!!). The regular guys/ladies I know on the beach are very friendly and definitely not aggressive! I would definitely recommend CC - the apartments are very large and beautifully furnished. Much nicer and more personal than the Hilton - much more 'living' in the Caribbean than holidaying in a hotel! Paynes Bay is probably one of the best beaches on the island and fantastic for swimming and walking. Go for it - you'll have a fantastic trip!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

Thank you all, my mind is at ease and made up for sure. Not a fan of huge, impersonal hotels and always prefer condos, etc for ambiance and privacy. Can't wait to see this beautiful Island!

south east
Level Contributor
923 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

Hope you have a great time!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

Thank you and hope you all have a wonderful summer!

9. Re: Coral Cove apartments - beach safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:41