We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

I'm wondering if there is anything close by that we could maybe walk to or take a taxi from the Crane?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

nana5plus1

Apart from Crane Beach, I'd recommend you visit Bottom Bay, Foul Bay, Bathsheba, Hunte's Gardens, East Point Lighthouse and the Concorde Experience.

I'm sure others will add to the list.

Regards

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

There is not too much to walk from at the Crane and taking taxis each time may become costly. I would contact one of the taxi drivers recommended on the list here on TA and put together a personal tour of the places that interest you most. There are buses which will take you to a number of places or you could hire a car for a couple of days.

New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

One thing very close to The Crane, but not walking distance, is Sunbury House, which is interesting to visit. Otherwise, I agree, hire a driver for the day and give him a list if things you want to see. My votes would include Bathsheba and Hunte's Gardens. Also, if you take a catamaran trip,which I highly recommend, they will pick you up at The Crane.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

The best sight is the view from the old pool down on to the beach below. Breathtaking.

You can walk to the end of the beach walking away from the hotel, scramble over the rocks and go on to the next beach. You can then walk a mile see no one, not even a foot print.

Afraid as has been said there is nothing walkable other than Cutters a deli-bar/restaurant which closes at 6.00 or Crane Palms a bar/ restaurant which has had mixed reviews. Note this is not high end eating!

It depends how long you are on holiday. If you have more than 4/5 days you could hire a car.

Enjoy

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

Thanks everyone that is really helpfull.

6. Re: Sightseeing from the Crane Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:40