We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Do any of you have recent experience of Palm Beach Apartments in Holetown, we have booked for early February 2013. (Haven't been to B'dos for 4 years. Had been previously 15 times so fairly well aquainted with the Island, but can't recall apartments...Any comments welcome

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Westiegal will be able to tell you all about them. I have visited there and they look very nice. You are certainly nice and close to all that Holetown has to offer and the beach was good.The apartments are beside Mango Hotel I believe.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Hello Blodwent, please pm me with any questions you have ( or ask on here ) I'm an expert on Palm Beach condos 'cos Ilive there lol Which condo are you staying in ?

Edited: 30 May 2012, 18:44
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Stayed a few years ago and loved it. Great location, ideal for beach and restaurants.

Great value, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Emelda

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

We returned on Saturday from an 11 night stay at Palm Beach Condominiums in Holetown. I booked with some trepidation as although I had been to Barbados 14 times previously (but not for the last 5 yrs) I could not figure out where they were in Holetown adjacent to Mango Bay. I was reassured by info by Westigal...many thanks !!.

Flight arrived on time VS77, immigration and baggage 45 mins, and picked up Toyota Rush from Corbins outside. Travel to Holetown took just over 30 mins, and we found Palm Beach at the end of First Street Holetown straight away.

Pat the on site Manager met us and showed us around the apartment, we had pre-booked some 'essentials' via 'Irene Ford's Bajan Retreats website....so cold Banks, coke,milk etc were in the fridge.

The Condos are adjacent to Mango Bay, and although I thought I knew the area well they are tucked away and afford a high level of privacy due to the landscaping. The 15 Condos are in two blocks, and we were pleased to find #14 just one in from the beach...literally 5-6 steps from the patio.

They consist of a good sized lounge / dining area, well furnished with 2sofas, dining table chairs, flat screen tv etc. A full kitchen which was very well stocked....with more than enough pots, pans, and crockery to be fully self sufficient. Large bedroom, with A/C, bathroom, and dressing area. Outside is a furnished patio area overlooking the garden, with sunbeds that can be taken to the beach. There is also a pool on site.

The condos are individually owned so there are some subtle differences in decor. For us it proved ideal, close access to restaurants, shopping etc in Holetown, as well as ease of access to the rest of the island. We have friends living up near Chekerhall St Lucy, which took us about 25 minutes.

I was amazed to see the new marina development just north of Port St Charles.

It was great to return 'home' and despite some of the closures , and developments in limbo I was glad to see new developments. Hopefully, the coming election will have a positive effect.......judging by local opinion there is likely to be a change......and I do remember the developments of the previous 'Owen years'

We were only able to stay 11 nights as my wife didn't have enough work holiday left, so we were unable to do much of the things we planned....that is one of the amazing things about this small island...there is so much going on, socially, politically ,musically etc as well as scenically.

Thoroughly recommend buffet lunch at Atlantis on the East Coast which has been nicely refurbished since my last visit.

Ramshackles on Alleynes Bay for lunch, as well as the return of Bombas just North of Mullins......excellent Carribean Chicken Curry.

Ragamuffins floor show is an eye opener and well wort seeing, and Lexy's Piano bar proved a hit.

Calabaza afternoon cruise was a delight, due to only 12 on board, it was a 'personalised' service...food and open bar , swimming with turtles and over a wreck was a fabulous experience......with a friendly and capable crew.

All to soon over....dropped the vehicle off at BGI.

I found the boarding arrangements for the VS 78 flight home a tad frustrating, as the tannoy wasn't that clear at gate 12 and a member of Virgin ground staff was also calling people.....although not in tandem with her colleagues at the desk.........however that was my only gripe for the whole holiday......

Barbados, despite reccession and global changes remains a fantastic, safe island to enjoy.

Thanks to TA forum for the information provided which makes the planning so much easier....here's to the next time.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Thank you for your review Blodwen, and it was great to meet you.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday at Palm Beach------------ the condos ( of which there are 14 ------no #13 lol ) are totally unique on the West Coast in size, location and affordability and as you say many people are surprised to find them virtually hidden as they are, but right on the beach.

What a shame you couldn't extend your holiday to include the Saturday of Holetown Festival ------------Maybe next year .

Edited: 18 February 2013, 11:58
Level Contributor
4 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Has the beach improvement work started yet? We are thinking about visiting July/August but I am concerned that the beach will be full of contractors.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

I am attending a meeting on the 15th April where the beach work will be discussed. They are due to start in April and hopefully by August they will be past us, but I'll know more later. We really need this work as our beach was considerably eroded by rough seas a month ago, but we do have a lovely pool to sit by if we can't lie on the beach and the sea is still divine to swim in .

Suffolk, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

I am looking for accommodation for 4 weeks Jan 2015. I would like sea view

pamelaloye06@aol.com

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,065 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

I shall email you Cornflower

Edited: 11 January 2014, 20:41
Holetown, Barbados
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Beach Apartments; Holetown

Hi, Friends of ours are looking for a one bed apt for 3 wks from mid Feb 2015 (any dates). Could you please e-mail me with availability and prices, Thanks, Debbie (debinbarbados@hotmail.co.uk)