We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados in early December?

manchester
Level Contributor
403 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados in early December?

We're looking to book to go to Barbados for the 1st week in December. From reading I get the impression hurricane season is over. I'm worried though in case it's very quiet and there aren't many shops and bars open. I will be travelling with my 19yr old daughter and I'm 39 so we'd like it to be quite lively. On the other hand though we don't want to be staying in the middle of the gap. I've been looking at Worthing and Christchurch. Would you recommend going in early December and have you got any advice on where to stay?

Many thanks in advance

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados in early December?

Early December is nearly the start of the High Season which is officially the 15th of December, so every restaurant, hotel, shop and business should be up and running and brimming with energy and anticipation. You should have no fear at all. It will also be full of people holidaying before the High Season price rise in Hotels and rental properties, which can be considerable.

Get booking now, before it gets booked up.

Edited: 05 June 2012, 20:48
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados in early December?

ps I am a West Coaster so I can't advise you where to stay, but many other South Coast fans will help you.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados in early December?

You'll be fine for early December. The island is quite busy then. Just so you know, Christ Church is one of our 11 parishes. Worthing is a part of Christ Church. So you'll probably also want to look at Rockley and Hastings as well.

I'd recommend Coral Mist, Accra Beach Hotel, Coral Sands, Worthing Court, Coconut Court and Southern Palms. Although the latter is in the Gap, you won't have any adverse impact from staying there.

Hope this helps

Regards

manchester
Level Contributor
403 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados in early December?

Many thanks! One more question ..... A number of reviews for the mentioned accommodations mention traffic noise. Are any of them situated directly on the beach but not a main road? Sorry if it seems like I'm being so picky but this is special trip for both of our birthdays and I want it to be as perfect as possible. Thanks again

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados in early December?

Southern Palms is directly on Dover Beach and at the quiet end of the Gap so no traffic or bar noise. If you stay at Accra Beach I would take a sea view room which would be quiet as they are not road facing.

Edited: 06 June 2012, 11:42
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados in early December?

xxxluv2holiday

You're welcome.

Apart from Southern Palms, Bougainvillea in Maxwell is an excellent option on the beach but not the main road. For Accra you'd need to get an Ocean View Room to avoid the traffic noise.

Regards

manchester
Level Contributor
403 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados in early December?

Thank you so much for your advice it is very much appreciated

Janine

8. Re: Barbados in early December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:15