We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

South Florida...
Level Contributor
153 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

Staying at the Royal Fairmont and looking for some good seafood restaurants, and/or also local authentic barbados food, with a nice wine list, can anyone recommend some that we can check out..... thanks

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

For the seafood, try the Fishpot which is north of where you are staying (at Shermans). On the same beach as the Fairmont there are two beach bars that serve good food - Juju's and Ramshackles - also Lone Star which is a high end restaurant.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

Lone Star Restaurant is excellent and has good food and wine but...not what I would really call local fare...and quite expensive. Almatt's suggestionts above, are good for regular local food but if you mean finer dining, with good wine you need a good restaurant. Another good one just 5 minutes drive from Royal Pavilion would be The Mews... excellent food and wine...which is also high end...

In the alternative to wine please feel free to try the local rum - which by the way is excellent and also very inexpensive!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

Poohh66

Here's another vote for the Fish Pot at Little Good Harbour. Divinely cooked seafood and a very extensive wine list. As it relates to local food with a good wine list, I'd suggest the Atlantis in Tent Bay, Bathsheba. Both Fish Pot and Atlantis are owned by the same family. I would also suggest Brown Sugar Restaurant in Aquatic Gap, Bay Street, St. Michael. Fantastic local fare with a good selection of wine as well.

Lonestar will have great seafood and is very close to the Fairmont, but is quite pricy. The Fish Pot provides better value for money. Try the Grilled King Prawns as a starter, and as a main, either the Catch of the Day, Grilled Caribbean Lobster or Seafood Platter for Two with a nice bottle of Villa Maria Sauvingnon Blanc!

Hope this helps

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

For your local food meals, apart from Ramshackles and Ju Ju's which are minutes along the beach from you, also try Bombas , the Rasta coloured Restaurant on Road View just above Mullins Beach, it's a short bus ride and well worth it.

When you visit Holetown for your shopping, also head to the beach behind the Police Station to Surfside Restaurant and Bar. Good local food right on the beach and if you enjoy Steel Pan music, have dinner ,or just go for a drink on a Sunday night, it's a great atmosphere and you can join in and dance before you end up at the weekly street party on 1st Street before you make your way home.

ps Decent wine is also available at all the above

Edited: 13 June 2012, 08:45
Essex, UK
Level Contributor
550 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

What time does the live music start at Surfside on a Sunday?

Cant wait to go there again in September, but must have missed Sunday there before - (prob recovering from a Groots night!)

Jackie

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

I really like the Orange Street Grocer in Speightstown they have fish and serve wine they sometimes even have lobster. Really good mid price range place with nice views.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

This place is excellent and it has an extensive wine list.

http://www.cincinbarbados.com/

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

Hello jcorbygass ------------the music usually starts around 7.30 / 8 pm but it pays to go early if you want to eat as it can get quite busy. Enjoy !

Sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

Just a word of caution about the area around 1st/2nd Street in Holetown, there has been some trouble the over the past few weekends and the police are putting on extra patrols which is good news.

I would take a drive inland to Sasafras on Sugar Hill, great fish dishes and an extensive wine menu. The Cliff is outstanding in its preparation of fish dishes, I don't think in all my travels I have tasted better scallops.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good seafood restaurants with good wine list ??

I would second kim s's recommendation of sasafras, lovely food and nice setting at Sugar Hill

www.sassafras246.com/flash/Sass_flash.html

kim s what is the trouble on 1st/2nd street that has been happening?