We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck at JFK

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stuck at JFK

My adult daughter is currently stuck at JFK because a storm over Florida prevents AA from flying. She left an airport hotel at 5:30 a.m. to check in 2 hours before the flight. They were in line on the runaway for more that 3 hours and now back at the gate waiting to find out what AA will do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck at JFK

I doubt it's because of the tropical storm in Florida...I live in NYC and we had horrible, severe thunderstorms this morning. Seems to have cleared up now. Hope she's able to leave soon!

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck at JFK

That what the flight attendant said. That storm Debbie stalled over Florida is the problem. I was skeptical too as I thought the plane could fly at a higher altitude or just take a route around it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck at JFK

Good luck to her!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck at JFK

Yes that is correct - this was the most recent report from the National Hurricane Center and it's been around since yesterday:-

Atlantic Tropical Storm DEBBY Intermediate Advisory Number 9A - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/MIATCPAT4.shtml

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck at JFK

Better to be safe in the airport than problems during flight.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stuck at JFK

I'm sure the delay had a lot to do with the Florida weather as well as our weather here in NY this morning - all NY airports were delayed because of the NY weather this morning. It was stormy with fierce lighting and thunder and really seemed to be more then just an ordinary summer storm.

Hopefully by now, she's enjoying the Barbados weather instead!

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stuck at JFK

She has finally arrived in Bim. Was supposed to get there around 2pm but eventually arrived at 7pm. She said a lot of the passengers were hungry waiting and waiting to leave but now they should all be enjoying the local food. :)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stuck at JFK

She must be happy to finally arrive!!

9. Re: Stuck at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:15