We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

1 post
Save Topic
Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

I am planning to head to Barbados in a couple months for my 30th bday with family and friends who range in age from 26-60s. There are also a range of budgets so im thinking AI is best. Im looking for the nicest AI with a variety of food options, a great beach thats not too narrow, activities maybe during the day for the 40s-60s, but close to nightlife for the 20s and 30s. Any suggestions? Am I hoping for the impossi

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

I would say that an AI that suits everyone in your age group is quite hard in Barbados where AI are not the major hotel of choice. On the west coast I would look at Mango Bay and on the south Turtle Beach see if these are within your budget.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Most AI do have various restaurants so that is available, but it depends on the budget as stated above. The recommendations for Mango Bay and Turtle Beach might be quite suitable, maybe Accra Beach or Sea Breeze also. If you're going in the off season the rates should be better but there are other options, just not AI.

Barbados does have a wide variety of restaurants and that can also be quite helpful depending on your budget.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Also have a look at Southern Palms in St Lawrence Gap, they are offering an AI choice, the beach is fantastic and you are close to all the nightlife.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

May I suggest Crystal Cove on the west coast. I have visited this hotel many times and it is on a nice beach. Entertainment most evenings and you can also use the facilities of Turtle Beach on the south should you wish to spend the day there. Colony Club and Tamarind Cove are also part of the Elegant Group in Barbados, you can dine there at a supplement to the AI package. The younger members of your group could go into Holetown for evening entertainment or down south to St Lawrence Gap for nightlife (approx 30 mins in the evening by bus or taxi), Oistins on a Friday or Saturday would suit all ages.

I think it is in a far better spot than the Waves or Mango Bay.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,928 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

VS291982

I would honestly go for the Turtle Beach Resort if you definitely want AI.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

I hear that the AI price is around 75 US a night at SP, not to sure though but maybe Almatt could verify this. If it is true i think it's a bargain.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Is the US75 plus your normal rental rate at Southern Palms ?

If it is it is not that good a deal.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 14:18
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Brett that is additional to the basic cost and is only available with BA as far as I am aware (from the UK) but there are AI deals at SPalms with Air Canada too I believe.

To the OP ..... If you want easy access to nightlife then I'd suggest the south coast near the Gap. For AI Turtle Beach is good but may be too pricey? Almond Casuarina might be worth a look too - next door to Turtle Beach. You can walk to the bars etc in the Gap from both of those hotels. Sea Breeze is worth considering but you'd need to take a short bus or taxi ride to the Gap from there.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Thought it was to good to be true :(

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All inclusive for 30th bday?

Turtle Beach - definitely - it's near the Gap for the nightlife, Hotel food/rooms/staff/beach excellent