We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

louisiana
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

We are going on a charter boat this afternoon and need to rent snorkel gear where can we rent ASAP staying at BourgainvIllea leaves out of Bridgetown?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

Have you not checked with the boat if they have any ?

louisiana
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

Yes we did they don't.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

I would think the hotel front desk should help you or the boat owners should have a place they could refer you to....I found this on Google

Exploresub Barbados

St. Lawrence Gap, Christ Church, Barbados, West Indies.

Tel: 1 (246) 435 6542

E-mail: x-sub@caribsurf.com

Equipment Rental

Diving & Snorkelling Camera & Video

Regulator Set $ 18.00 Nikonos V U/W Camera Body $ 18.00

Buoyancy Compensator $ 18.00 Nikonos 80mm Lens $ 11.00

Computer $ 18.00 Nikonos 35mm Lens $ 12.50

Full 80cu.ft. aluminum tank $ 18.00 Nikonos 28mm Lens $ 14.00

Set Mask, Fins & Snorkel $ 18.00 Nikonos 20mm Lens $ 18.00

Air Fills $ 5.00 Nikonos 15mm Lens $ 22.00

Weights & Belt $ 5.00

Edited: 05 July 2012, 15:13
Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

So...did you find some equipment or not? How was the charter experience and where did you go etc.?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

a couple of things that are curious to me.. a Charter boat??? what type of Charter boat and if it's for snorkeling, why don't they have their own equipment.. most do.. unless it's a 1 man (small) operation, even the glass bottom boats on the west coast that go out from Folkstone or holetown, have their own snorkeling equipment.

AND are we sure Exploresub is still in operation.. and those prices seem old and low.. Dive shops will rent equipment.. most of them anyway..(mask, fins, snorkel and other items).

would love to hear back from the OP to see how it turned out.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

I thought the watersports guys at the Bougainvillea had snorkels?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

I have traveled as a diver and snorkeler and never went out with a paid boat vendor that didn't provide equipment.

Perhaps OP meant they themselves rented a boat to drive themselves (I'm not sure Barbados allows this). In that case, snorkel equipment may not be included but would be noted in the rental agreement.

My first thought would be to ask the front hotel desk or even the boat rental agency for advice on where to rent equipment.

I hope they got to enjoy their adventure.

louisiana
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Sorry I should have clarified yes we rented a charter boat to go offshore fishing and it was my understanding that he didn't have snorkeling equiptment because he usually only does fishing I asked him as a favor if he could bring us snorkeling and he agreed. Due to the limited communication while we were there I couldnt clarify whether he had it on board so I wanted to bring along our own just incase. We called explorsub but there number was disconnected? We did find a snorkel rental in Bridgetown and of course it turned out he did have it available. I asked BourgainvIllea but it was not allowed offsite. Regardless thanks for all of your advice and we had a wonderful time! I highly recommend chartering with Captain Rob he had very affordable prices and a beautiful new boat!

9. Re: In Barbados need snorkel equiptment where to rent ASAP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:15