We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day at beach

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
day at beach

anyone know the best beach to visit in Barbados for snorkling or to sample the best local dish

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day at beach

Not sure about 'best' beach, all beaches in Barbados are good. I'd recommend the Worthing Beach on the south coast. There are two beach bars within a few minutes walk of each other, Carib Beach Bar and Crystal Waters. I'd say Carib serves more local dishes, but Crystal Waters has a great Sunday noon barbecue with local entertainment. The reef is very close, and at low tide quite a few people even walk out to it. What's really great about this beach is there are turtles in the bay, so you could snorkel with them without having to pay to see them.

Folkstone Marine Park on the west coast is also good for snorkeling, but there is only a small snack bar, I believe, on the grounds.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 21:38
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day at beach

littleone82

I'd recommend Rockley Beach on the South Coast. I wouldn't quite say there is a best beach, but Rockley is definitely right up there.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day at beach

I would suggest Alleynes Bay or better known as Glitter Bay. There are two local beach bars Ramshackle and JuJus which does great fresh fish. You can also rent snorkel equipment at Ramshackle and go and swim with the turtles right off the beach.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,310 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day at beach

littleone82

I would second MT T's suggestion of Alleynes Beach. Perfect calm waters for snorkelling with the turtles that are very close to the shoreline.

Ramshackles will rent you beds and umbrellas as well as snorkels and they serve great fresh fish and they do a mean rum punch!

It's one of the best beaches in my opinion.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,703 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day at beach

Another vote for Alleynes Bay and Ramshackles here. Lovely beach, turtles in the sea and a great little restaurant.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day at beach

We just disovered Alleynes Beach this past winter, and loved it!! Went several times for the day.

It is a gorgeous beach!!! As previously mentioned there are 2 nice beach bars with great food and they also rent out chairs and umbrellas too. You can walk a fairly long distance on the beautiful beach. Also not too crowded!!

The catamarans stop just off the shore, so people can snorkel and see the turtles.

I'm sure that you would love it!!

7. Re: day at beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16