We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cliff - just a warning

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
302 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
The Cliff - just a warning

we went to The Cliff just to enjoy the atmosphere

and asked for two Pina Coladas.

It was the sweetest beverage or stuff that we have ever had in our lives.

May be the bartender thought the cocktails were for toddlers!

Next day I told the incident at the SideShore Beach Bar and the bartender right away made us a sample of the drink.

A huge difference!

1. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 20:24
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
302 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

I do not think it is a matter of my taste

I was there with my son 21 years old

He never drinks alcoholic beverages

and for him it was something like a dessert!

I just posted because it happened in the most expensive

restaurant in the island.Each cocktail costed 25 barbadians.

Sorry,but IMHO that is unforgivable!

I would accept and tolerate if I were in a beach bar!

Cheers!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

Do you make the bar staff aware of the problem?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

I find Pina Colada's too sweet anyway, I think it is just the nature of the drink to be honest, not my favourite....now a nice mojito is another matter ;o)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

david83504

The bartender probably used too much Coconut Cream, but by nature, the Pina Colada is a sweet cocktail.

Regards

6. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

kim s

The non-alcoholic version of a Pina Colada is called a Virgin Colada...its been around for years. All restaurants/bars I've been to here make them.

Regards

8. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

Edited: 31 July 2012, 20:24
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

he also said his son was 21.. even if he was 16, he would have had a regular Pina Colada if one had been asked for.. I like them, but agree.. either too much coconut cream/simple syrup or other.. but I also find then sweet to begin with.. but not like a dessert sweet.. a good sweet...

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cliff - just a warning

We were in there a couple of weeks ago and found just the opposite. My husband and I both had a couple of cosmopolitans each pre dinner which were absolutely delicious. In fact my husband is not a cocktail man at all but he loved them.