We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

We will be in Barbados for the first time in October and I am looking for recommendations for lunch along the East Coast. I thought the Roundhouse sounded nice but the reviews are terrible! I like the sound of The Cove Restaurant - does anyone know what days they open and how we can find the restaurant? Would we need to make a reservation?

Also, I would welcome any other receommendations of good places for lunch in that area - we plan to be there on a Saturday.

Thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

Cove Restaurant contact information

Atlantic Park

Cattlewash, St. Joseph

Phone: 246-433-9495

Email: morley@caribsurf.com

I suggest the Atlantis Restaurant also.

www.atlantishotelbarbados.com/dining.html

Both restaurants are superb and you can't make a mistake with either one.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 11:45
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

I would second Canby's suggestion of Atlantis. I can also say that our food and service was terrible the last time we went to the Roundhouse and we haven't been back since.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

We like the Atlantis too - also we have never been disappointed at the Roundhouse. Last time we went to Bathsheba in June we tried a restaurant down on the coast road. I think it is called Diana's but somebody may be able to confirm that? Whatever it is called (!) it was lovely food - yummy creole shrimp - great service and not expensive.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

Holidaymad

Another vote for Atlantis. Skip Roundhouse....lacklustre service and poor quality food.

The Cove is open for lunch Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun. Wed Thur and Sat is a la carte, Sunday is still the Caribbean Buffet. You'll see the sign along the Ermy Bourne Highway. I'd also suggest making reservations for both restaurants.

Hope this helps

Regards

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

Thanks everyone - very helpful.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
991 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

Definitely Atlantis. You might want to plan your east coast visit on a wednesday or sunday too since those are the days the buffet lunch is offered at Atlantis. The buffet is exceptional ....and save room for the dessert table.

7. Re: Resturant for lunch on the East Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 10:16