We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Cove Apartments

lafayette, la
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Cove Apartments

I can't find any reviews of this place.. It looks beautiful and looks like a great beach. Does anyone know anything about these or the area its in or ????

www.luxuryretreats.com/villa-page/index.aspx…

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Sandy Cove is next door to the Cliff Restaurant set on a cliff at the same level as the restaurant. Therefore it has a beautiful views over the sea, but be warned, it has hardly any beach at all if any ( once you climb down the cliff ,-----------maybe there is a lift???), so if it is a beach holiday you are looking for, I would look at one of the many other, beautiful apartments and condos which are actually set on the beach.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Just looked at the photo of the beach.!! Wow, that is clever photography !! Please realise the pool is at the top of the cliff level with the apartments The beach is way down below that ,and what you can see, is all you get---------------- if you are lucky with the tide.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 09:27
3. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 20:23
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Kim, I pass by there on the sea nearly every day for half the year, and believe me , steps up and down to the beach ( when there is a beach ) would require you to be pretty fit !!! I do agree that the apartments look lovely, but as I said, if you are looking for a beach holiday ------------------and ctalldog has commented on the great looking beach-------------,there are many places on the market.in better locations.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Sandy Cove looks wonderful!

I stayed in a house just along from there and loved to walk past Crystal Cove hotel and then on to the stretch of beach where Sandy Cove is. It is exactly that, a beautiful cove area.

Westiegal is correct in saying that you would really only be able to use that beach when the tide is out. As long as you are able to climb stairs to and from the beach then you would be OK.

I have to say though, it was my favourite bit of beach to walk to, it is stunning!

You can swim there very easily with the most crystal clear waters.

If I had the opportunity to stay at Sandy Cove I would grab it with both hands and take a gamble with the tides!

Lincoln, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Westiegal 3 you obviously have some reason for criticising this location....jealousy maybe??? I've just spent two weeks at Sandy Cove apartments and they are totally amazing.......How on earth can you criticise the beach there......there are two sets of steps down...no more than a normal house staircase....so you would have to be pretty unfit not to manage that.....maybe that's the problem......because the amazing advantage you get of being set slightly above the beach are the tremendous views whilst sunbathing on the most luxurious of sun loungers with a beautiful private pool..!!

When you want to enjoy the private beach....decide the steps to the right......luxurious private cove ....or maybe steps to the left......full length beach and plenty of it but with exclusivity and fantastic crystal clear water!!

Where exactly do you live or stay on the island.....I'd love to personally make the comparison....if I get your invite:)

Anyone having the chance to stay here do....you won't be disappointed!!!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

This used to be, many years ago, if remember correctly, Coconut Creek Hotel, which always had a lovely beach - yes as I recall there were steps down to the beach but people used to love that hotel and it had many many repeat guests...

so there must have been something good about the place - i used to be the Speedbird rep (now BA Holidays) at the time...

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Tricia, all beaches in Barbados are public.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Do you own Sandy Cove Apartments now then Tricia 099

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandy Cove Apartments

Hi tricia No I'm not remotely jealous-----------I wouldn't swap my one bedroom condo on the beach for anywhere else on the Island, especially for it's location, and of course you are welcome to visit anytime, just pm me . People want and expect different things, and the OP sounded to me as though a condo literally on the beach ( of which there are many large beautiful ones ) would suit them more. I passed by Sandy Cove the day before yesterday, and was pleased to see that the beach had improved on the south side so you were fortunate during your stay, which i'm glad you enjoyed.