We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

What are the best tours and best mode of transport on the island. I really want to do Harrison's cave, rum distillery, huntes gardens, all in one day. Or any other attractions u might see fit for a young family

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

It may be best to either rent a car for the day and drive yourself, that way you can set your own itinerary, otherwise you could always hire a private driver and do the same thing. There is a thread on here with local taxi numbers recommended by people who have used them if you wish to go that route.

I would also add St Nicholas Abbey and Cherry Tree Hill to your list and would always recommend seeing the East Coast around Bathsheba area as the landscape is so rugged and beautiful.

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
472 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

I would go for the "hire a driver for the day" option. You agree a price in advance which will work out MUCH cheaper than an organised tour. Your driver takes you to each place and waits as long as necessary before moving on. Having a driver gives you some great background knowledge of the island, its history and culture and points out things you may miss if you were doing the driving.

Have fun!

W-D

3. Re: Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 10:15