We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

New Haven...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

Any suggestions for a first timer, I will be traveling to Barbados next summer (big planner, hence the early inquiry) there will be 2 sets of couple's 20's and young 30's. I would like to stay somewhere all inclusive with a nice beach to swim. I don't think we would be spending lots of time in but it would be nice to have this option. Also, looking at some beachfront villas. Would we be able to score our own booze and stock our Villa-Staying for 2 weeks and attending Crop Over.... Any suggestions would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,312 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

KishaJones

Just responded to your other question re-Crop Over and suggested some dates.

You can easily visit Super Centre Big B at Rendevous where you'll find an excellent selection of local liquor. Also, for the popular brands, I'd suggest you take advantage of your duty free allowance when arriving into Barbados. You are entitled to one bottle of wine and one bottle of spirits per passenger. Items such as Baileys, Smirnoff, Hennessy etc are much cheaper than if you buy them in the local supermarkets.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

Hi Kisha,

I'll be traveling to Barbados for the first time in October. I spent months on end searching for an AI resort with good reviews and lots of options, but I wasn't able to find any.

We're traveling with a group of 4 people as well, so I ended up booking an adventure package with Beach View (just put that in the search box). The package comes with round-trip transfers to/from the airport, daily breakfast, zip lining, an island safari tour, and an excursion to swim with turtles. The prices vary based on how many are in your party, but for 4 ppl we paying $2659.00 TOTAL (not per person), but you have to book your flights separately. Not sure if this will be available next year, but it's worth looking into. They're setup like 2-3BD apartments, and they seem to be within walking distance of restaurants and groceries.

Hope that helps...I'll be sure to post a review of my trip.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,580 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

Sapphire Condos in the Dover, St.Lawrence Gap area would probably be quite good. On the beach, close to many other beaches all connected or close, restaurants and clubs nearby, food shopping easily available.

Beach View though quite nice is not really close, within walking distance of very much.

Mentioned in this post
Dover Beach
Dover Beach
1,446 Reviews
Barbados
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

Sapphire Beach condos are excellent in my opinion and would highly recommend them. Oceans 2 is good to.

5. Re: First Time in Barbados-All Suggestions are Welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:16