We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soco Hotel

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Soco Hotel

Hmmm my future hubby and I have just spent over an hour reading the post and are very concerned. We are due to arrive 1st October for our honeymoon and with all the wedding costs and added stress with that we are now wondering what the progress it?

Lets hope we meet some of you there!!!

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soco Hotel

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147266-i289-k56132…

As far as I know it isn't looking good. The SoCo people and agents keep saying repeatedly that it will be ready, so if you want to take their word you can. That said, plenty of locals seem to have a different opinion on whether or not it will be ready in time, not sure if by October it would be any different.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soco Hotel

Petra B

I've personally noticed a vast improvement in the speed of work going on there over the last two weeks everytime I drive by. Much quicker than it was a month ago. Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Soco Hotel

Any chance of an updated pic then BGI would be much appreciated

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soco Hotel

Petra B

I'll try my best next time I drive through the area during the day.

Regards

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Soco Hotel

Thanking you kindly

South Wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soco Hotel

Still can't believe that after the number of people who have posted comments that they have passed the Soco Hotel, and remarking about the lack of building work or that there are lots of people working on it that there still isn't ONE up to date photo.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,586 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soco Hotel

Maybe it's just not on their priority list of things to do!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soco Hotel

Im staying there in October. Im not worried. You build inside out not outside in! Tropical Sky clients wont start arriving till mid September. So instead of all the negativness and threating how about you all chill out! Your gonna have no nails on your fingers by the time you get there. Your going to Barbados!! Chill!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the end of the day if the thing isnt ready then they put us somewhere else of the same or of higher quality. Hilton is just round the corner ;)

I called Tropical Sky and they said it will be ready and if worse comes to the worse then they have enough hotels to place us elsewhere. No lies no cover ups, just straight talk.

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Soco Hotel

I agree hun they said the same to me the other night and the alternatives were even better so hope to catch you in October Ben ;)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soco Hotel

Actually Soco has created their own problem with this.

They told people they would post up to date pictures on their website and it wasn't done.

They made statements with "it will be ready by" and the the first dates are very close and the hotel is not close to being ready yet.

People have come on this site, many first time posters making very positive statements. They have never or rarely come back, giving the impression they were shilling for Soco, hyping it up.

Some people have posted that they did not get credible answers when they called the "hotel or travel" company and there were conflicting answers.

So understandably people are concerned and have questions.

It's interesting that you yourself are a first time poster telling people to just "chill".

Yes, everyone starts with a first post just the amount of first time posters "shilling" for a hotel is not the norm.

Hope the hotel opens as scheduled and that people are not disappointed in either their original arrangements or alternate accommodations if that becomes necessary.

By the way there's a place called Chilly Moos at Quayside plaza, a great place to chill out.

Edited: 10 August 2012, 13:12