We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

London
5 posts
Save Topic
Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Really need some direction as we are struggling to make a decision on what hotel to stay in for a week, both seem great!

Both are coming out about the same cost wise for us taking an all-inclusive package, the reviews seem positive for both ... For those who have stayed there before which hotel takes the edge? It looks like both provide the same in their all inclusive package.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Laura F

Mango Bay has the edge and a vastly superior location. That would be my choice.

Regards

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

This is a tricky one! I have stayed at both these hotels and they are both very good.

Mango Bay is very central for Holetown with its bars and restaurants but I would say that Tamarind has a far superior beach (Paynes Bay), three swimming pools and larger grounds. Tamarind is only a 5 minute taxi or bus ride away from Holetown.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Thanks BGI, it seems like there will be less children in Mango bay as well I think.

Two months until we go, counting down the days!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Laura F

If you are travelling the last week in October then that is half term school holidays in the UK and the Tamarind could have a few kids there.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Thanks Babiface. We stayed At Turtle beach last year but it's out of our price range this year, hopefully mango or tamaring will live up to last years holiday!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Laura F

You're welcome. Do let us know what you decide.

Regards

London
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Sorry one more question! I'm trying to find detailed info on what is provided in the Tamarind All inclusive, can anyone help?

Is it similar to Mango bay eg watersports, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks? are you able to eat in all resort restaurants or are there any restrictions?

Thanks!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Laura F

To be honest I did not think that The Tamarind done an All Inclusive deal? Where did you see it to book as an all inclusive?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

Hi

We are going to Tamarind in 3wks time from the UK.

I'd recommend it over Mango Bay (never actually stayed there but did stay at the Discovery Bay next door about 8yrs ago) because I think the location (the beach is better at Paynes Bay and Mango Bay does experience some noise in certain rooms) is better and having done both AI and B&B before, there are too many nice restaurants in Barb to eat in your hotel every night!

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mango Bay vs Tamarind for a group of 5 28 yr old females

My wife and I have stayed at Tamarind recently and loved it : spacious ,lovely grounds and pools. Comfy sun loungers, and great water sports. They do not do all inclusive, but you can get half or full board as extra to the basic B& B - with a great breakfast. Also we loved the beach for swimming,snorkelling and walks by the sea.They also have a lovely water taxi to take you to their other resorts like Colony Club.

Holetown is only a short taki ride or a very cheap bus ride away.

Edited: 22 August 2012, 06:27