We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

My husband and I are planning to visit late Feb/early March for the first time. We'd love any suggestions for hotels to stay at - our priorities are that we'd like to have a great beach (with beach activities), a nice pool, and we also like to be close to areas we can go out at night to bars/restaurants/live music. St. Lawrence Gap sounds like a fun area. l like a nice/newer/clean place. Price range (since it's peak season) is probably around the $200-$300 per night range thought we're flexible. My husband would prefer something not so kid oriented if possible as it's just the two of us and kids cramp our style on vacation :) We definitely don't want quiet/secluded - we enjoy nice amenities but also love getting out and about. Thanks for any suggestions.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,853 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

LD2232

I think Ocean Two Resort & Residences might be just the thing you're looking for. I suggest you take a look.

Regards

Budapest, Hungary
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

Hey guys, I've just visited Barbados for two weeks..... It was amazing... Haven't seen that beautiful colors of ocean ever... The Gap is a nice spot!!! I stayed in Ocean 15 which was good too. I guess the same group as Ocean 2 but I haven't seen that one...

What I also recommend is a great app if you have an iPhone: download iLandGuide. It's free and you will find all the great spots you need, beaches, sighseeing spot etc.. ilandguide.com I think but I'm sure you'll find it in AppStore... Don't miss to check out the giant turtles in turtle beach!!!

valencia
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

Why stay in a hotel? We just stayed at the Jewel suite at the new Palm Beach condos in Hastings (ocean front) which borders on St Lawrence Gap. It's just a few minutes away and there is as much to do there as in St Lawrence. The pool is absolutely amazing there and for around $275 US a night you'll get a 1600 sq ft well appointed condo, 2 bdrms and 2 baths on the 5th floor with an expansive ocean view to die for.The patio is huge with 4 loungers, a barbecue and a dining table. Check it out here on this site. I just wrote a review. I didn't see any kids when we were there.This is a new building so everything is clean and beautifully done. There are many hotels in the area but most of them are older, a bit cheesy and moldy.

You'll want to eat out to get away from boring hotel food because the restaurants in the vicinity are plentiful and truly amazing! Dover beach is very close and it is not to be missed.....long white sand beach with beautiful and calm crystal clear waters....great for lounging, swimming and water sports. Get yourselves to Cafe Sol in St Lawrence Gap (a Mexican restaurant) and from there you'll find dozens of fantasic dining and nightlife choices clustered together with views that will make you think you've died and gone to heaven!

valencia
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

BTW...if you want to see the turtles and snorkel the ship wrecks, go with Cliff Sharker. They are #1 on Trip Advisor. I wrote a review for them as well.

Stay away from the over crowded Catamarans. They're old and by the time they get you to the turtles everyone else will be there. Cliff Sharker gets you there early before anyone else and Charles takes a couple hundred underwater pictures of you with the turtles and at the wreck for free. He just e-mailed me the ones he took of us and they were unbelievable! Book him early because he said he was almost sold out for the winter months.

Make sure you get to Huntes Garden. We almost passed it by and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

I think Ocean2 as well if its within budget. The only difficulty is if your budget doesn't run to a 1 bed apartment the option which is classed as 'hotel room' is a very small room, which was originally the 2nd bedroom of some 2 bedroom units. If this is the case you could try a 1 bed apartment in White Sands Beach Villas which is almost next door to Ocean2 or Sapphire Beach condos both these are new with a contemporary feel.

All 3 are walking distance to the bars & restaurants in the Gap.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

FYI Ocean 15 and Ocean 2 are completely unrelated.

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

Thanks so much everyone! Just booked Ocean Two 1 bedroom apt. for last week in February. So excited! :)

Barbados
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

Accra beach hotel is close to all attractions and night life.

that is where i would goes.right in bar

peaces

9. Re: Barbados hotel suggestions close to fun nightlife and beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:15