We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

Just about ready to press the go button on a reservation at Oceans 2, but I have a few questions. Is getting to Holetown an issue, I would like to spend a day there, and also I would like to go one evening for dinner at the Cliff restaurant, can I just catch a cab, or is it to far to go for just dinner? Same question for Oistins? What about Sunday brunch at the Crane, worth it? Accessible? Are there any scuba shops in the area?

I appreciate everyone's feedback,

Thanks,

Debbie

Edited: 24 September 2012, 22:03
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

Debelyn

All four areas which you have highlighted are very accessible.

Just so you know, the Cliff is not in Holetown, it's in Derrick's St. James. A taxi from Ocean Two to the Cliff would cost you about $65 BBD one-way. This should be 25 minutes by taxi.

To get to Holetown, you can walk to the main road and take a Speightstown bus for just $2 BBD. This bus will come every 30 minutes.

For Oistins, you can walk to the main road and take a Silver Sands, Oistins, Airport, Kirtons or Sam Lords Castle bus for just $2 BBD. One of these buses will pass about every 15-20 minutes or so.

Yes, Sunday Brunch at the Crane is worth it. You can either take the Sam Lord's Castle bus for $2 BBD or a taxi there for about $50 BBD. A taxi would take about 30 minutes.

For Scuba Shops, I'd highly recommend Roger's Scuba Shack on Bay Street, just 10 minutes drive south from your hotel.

http://www.rogers-scubashack.com.bb

Hope this helps

Regards

Edited: 24 September 2012, 22:46
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

There's a surf school next door to your hotel and a lovely beach bar there too both of which are worth trying.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

Wow, that is perfect! Thank you very much!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

Debelyn

You're most welcome.

Regards

5. Re: Staying at Oceans 2, going to Oistins? Holetown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 18:17