We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramshackles update

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Ramshackles update

Ramshackles is now open again full time from 11am until close Monday - Sunday.

They also have a Full moon beach party on 27th October from 7pm onwards. BBQ on the beach and live music for BDS$40.

Bookings telephone : 422-1974

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramshackles update

Thanks Babiface!!

portsmouth, england
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramshackles update

Thanks for this, have you been before? Just wandering if it's suitable for children too?? We arrive in Holetown on the 24th and thinking this could be good fun to do on our first weekend.

Thanks x

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramshackles update

taylorga

Yes, I have been to Ramshackles many times and have been to the Beach BBQ twice.

It is definitely a great evening for kids. They have a bonfire on the beach and usually people let off chinese lanterns from the beach too. It's a great casual atmosphere and kids would love it. Be sure to book a table though as it is very popular.

portsmouth, england
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramshackles update

Lovely thank you for letting me know that. Not been anywhere yet that we didn't think we could take children it thought I'd best check!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramshackles update

No problem. Have a great time!

London England
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramshackles update

Having been highly recommended to try Ramshackles, I was (as we arrived) immediately struck at how similar the set up is to the Mama Mia (Abba) movie (right down to the feisty female "La Patrone", Maxi).

I was, as we were served, waiting for Maxi (or one of the waiters) to burst into song. A natural for an Abba evening once a week, with waiters and guests singing at every opportunity. I'll be there!

Oh yes - and Ramshackles is as good as we have been advised - a cool crowd and delicious food in an ideal spot.

Peter

spacecadet74
Level Contributor
156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramshackles update

Does anyone know which night Ramshackles has its normal BBQ night (not the full moon party). Is it a Sunday? Also, is it safe to walk along the beach from Glitter Bay at night to Ramshackles?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramshackles update

You can contact them on Facebook to find out. (If you're on Facebook)

facebook.com/pages/…187754744594815

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramshackles update

I think that Ramshackles only do a beach BBQ and bonfire on the Full moon each month.

They have a quiz night, a curry night and usually have a live singer or DJ on a Friday night. Sundays they do an English Roast at lunchtime.

spacecadet : I wouldn't normally recommend walking on the beach at night but it is only a 5 minute walk between Glitter Bay and Ramshackle's and you have the Royal Fairmont hotel and the Lonestar restaurant in between so it is very well lit. As long as you are not alone I think it would be fine.

Edited: 13 January 2013, 14:56
spacecadet74
Level Contributor
156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramshackles update

Thanks for that. There will be 5 adults & 2 kids so hopefully will be ok to walk along the beach if we go there at night. Will send them a message on Facebook closer to when we visit to see when their curry / quiz nights are.