We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

Stony Brook, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dying to go to Barbados....but have no idea where on the island is ideal...ANY input is appreciated! Beachfront hotel, near nightlife/restaurants....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,479 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole Island is ideal BUT if you want nightlife i recommend StLawrence Gap on the South coast.

Also has plenty of restaurants available.

Edited: 10 October 2012, 17:57
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of budget are you on.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your budget?

When do you want to go?

How long do you want to go?

What do you like to do?

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

As others have said, what sort of budget etc. but from my experience, I always stay at Coral Mist on the South coast and ALWAYS have a fab time. St Lawrence Gap is a 15 min walk away if you are after the nightlife, there are loads of really lovely restaurants and bars within walking distance and Coral Mist itself is wonderful. All rooms have a sea view, they are self catering and have everything you could possibly need and the staff are simply wonderful. Enjoy :-)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,784 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

enin81281

I agree, Coral Mist would be a fantastic choice in an excellent location. You should definitely look into it.

On the South Coast, you can also have a look at either:

Accra Beach Hotel & Spa

Hilton Barbados

Southern Palms Beach Club & Resort Hotel

Rostrevor

Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Butterfly Beach Hotel

Coral Sands Beach Resort

On the West Coast, you can also have a look at either:

The Tamarind

The Sandpiper

Coral Reef Club

Colony Club

Sunswept Beach Hotel

Regards

Stony Brook, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been so bad getting on here to see responces since the hurricane. anyway, i appreciate everyones input. we are looking at the week of April 21st. i love the Tamarind and Bouganvillea, but am leaning toward the tamarind for now. is it near at town? and if so, are there any restaurant recommendations as the hotel itself is a tad pricey for a lunchtime burger. I have no problem splurging for dinner....

Stony Brook, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

And has anyone stayed at the Bouganvillea???????

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,784 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

enin81281

You're most welcome. For more information on the Tamarind, feel free to contact Beachandsea = tripadvisor.com/members-forums/Beachandsea

For more information on the Bougainvillea, feel free to contact footychick = www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members/footychick

Hope this helps

Regards

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

enin81281 : Tamarind is indeed a fabulous resort, but not the cheapest. They provide a great breakfast that can last you many hours ! For lunch there are cheap eateries close by like Roti Den and Mr Vics, and in Holetown a cheap, quick bus ride away - places for lunch and dinner like Just Grillin offer great value, though it is not on the beach. But Surfside - right on beach and a little above here price wise is Zacchios, also on the Holetown beach - both have lovely locations and good food.

Across from Tamarind is a highly rated restaurant called Scarlets : It's red colured chattel appearance belies it's great reputation for cocktails and fine food.

Buses pass by Tamarind very frequently and all you need is 2 BB$ or 1 US $ and you will be in Holetown in 5-6 mins.

Also, across the road is a Petrol station where you can buy water etc for your fridge. In Holetown there is a great supermarket to buy wine, beer, snacks etc for your room.

If you look at the Tamarind Reviews page, then at the stop of the page click on the St James Parish button and then on cafes/ Restaurants/ bars in the area which covers Tamarind and nearby Holetown. You will find a great range in prices and in what people think of them - well worth a look !

Beachandsea

10. Re: Barbados or bust!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:19