We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Topic
Flights

BA or Virgin for best comfort . Also we are thinking of going mid may is the weather ok then and we can't decide on butterfly hotel or coconut court any advice would be welcome thank you.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights

I always fly with Virgin due to they fly from Manchester and BA doesn't.

Mid May is fine time to go.

Both hotels are good but i would pump for Butterfly Beach hotel.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights

Having flown both several times there is'nt much difference really so we tend to go on best deal.

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights

Will look into butterfly hotel thank you.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights

Hi

BA often do very good package offers on both Butterfly Beach and Coconut Court ,especially in May ,so that may be an option for you . Sometimes it is not much more than the price of a flight.

So far I hav only flown Virgin so cant coment on the difference if any between the two but there are quite a few posts on here comparing the two

I have stayed at both hotels, and do like both but Butterfly would be my favourite.

Comparisons to consider are:-

The beach is smaller at Butterfly but lovely soft sand underfoot

At CC there are quite a few rocks just as you go in - but lots of fish about and the beach can be walked to the Hilton in one direction and along the boardwalk to Rockley in the other..

Rooms - both have large rooms with aircon and kitchenettes - the ocean front ones at Butterfly are the newest.

I believe CC is currently refurbishing some of its rooms so they maybe a better standard next year than when I went

There isnt any lifts in CC and quite a lot of steps both to the rooms and the beach.

Lifts in two of the blocks and hardly any steps at Butterfly

Restaurant /Bar - both serve reasonably priced food - I would say the food at BB is better though I only really had breakfast /lunch at CC

The beach bar at CC is good though only open in the day

Evening Entertainment - apart from the Managers rum punch party and Kareoke on Thurs Butterfly doesnt have any. There was bands/singers on at CC 3-4 nights - this was a couple of years ago though

Location - a few bars /restaurants close by both hotels

Butterfly is nearer to the Gap for nightlife than CC . Also Oistins is only about 10 min walk from Butterfly too. CC is close by Rockley /Worthing which has quite a few more bars /restaurants.

Both hotels have busstops within a few seconds walk and are on the main bus route so it is easy to get buses to get around.

Staff - staff at both hotels I found very polite, friendly & helpful :)

Hope this helps

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights

good call uk, I have seen some of those BB deals from BA, how do they do it for that price?, briliant, keep your eyes open for BA sale in January sunlover.

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights

Thanks trip7uk you have been very helpful , think we will go for the butterfly if you know of any good other hotels on the beach that would be great. We will also wait for the January sales with BA thanks ashbriar for the tip.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights

sunlover1Bristol

Comfort? You definitely want British Airways. Their economy cabin has a 3-3-3 configuration which, IMHO, is much better than Virgin's 3-4-3 configuration. Added to that, BA Holidays always has excellent deals on for stays at Butterfly Beach Hotel and sometimes also Coconut Court. Sometimes there is a difference as small as £200 between booking flights alone or booking them together with the hotel stay.

The next British Airways sale will start in December and run until the second week or so of January.

Weather in May is always fantastic!

Hope this helps

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights

I have stayed at coconut court for the past 3 years but decided to give BB a go so glad i did the reviews are really positve I go on the 1st will do my review when i get back

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights

Thank you big world traveller will start checking out ba website in december, I will look forward to your review cheriedp18 have a brillant time . I am so looking forward to it we always go to Europe as I am terrible flyer but decide to brave it for sunshine, blue sea ,white sand and a great island from what I hear.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights

You're welcome.