We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back, a few comments

Cool Canuck
Level Contributor
255 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Just back, a few comments

Had a great week last week in Barbados. My 5th time but always something new to do or see.

Visited the Crane resort often since it was close to our rental.

We enjoyed the Farmers Pizza, Caesar salad ..chicken marsala, veal piccata, and more pizza and salad! (not all at once lol) Reasonably priced, great staff.

Went to the Gospel Sunday breakfast at 9 am at LÀzure at the Crane. Normal breakfast fare, nothing special. Frozen hash brown patties, plenty of sausage and bacon, an omelette station, pancakes, a few tiny donut type of things, rolls and fruit. Gospel group was enjoyable but not the highlight.

The beach and pools are fun. We got a day room and used the faciliities and really enjoyed ourselves. Fun swimming but beware of big waves.

The 1897 bar was fun and never crowded..the Carriage House lunch bar by the upper pools was quite good, very nice flying fish cutters and drinks in the breeze, with good views of grounds and ocean.

We spent a half day with Calabaza on their 5 hour lunch and snorkel cruise. Very very nice, great food and crew, highly recommend. They pick you up which is included in the $110 US price.

Surfers Bay, at Silver Beach, has a beach bar vibe and good food and cold drinks. Nice place for a casual dinner if in the area.

Emerald CIty supermarket at Six Roads in St Philips is huge and well stocked.

Sand Dunes on East Coast (not far from St Nicholas Abbey) is another good local food spot.

Driving for those not used to driving on the left and sitting on the right, really not that bad and quite fun after you get the hang of it.

St Nicholas Abbey, well worth the visit. Simon, our affable and charming host, is a real asset to the family business and refilled my empty bottle I had been hanging onto for 4 years - they do half price refills!

Can`t wait to go back. Each time I go to Barbados I fall in love a little bit more : )

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back, a few comments

driftwood29

Seems you had a really good time here. Now it's time to start planning for 2013.

Regards

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back, a few comments

Thanks for the pithy report, driftwood. Peace.

Boston
Level Contributor
250 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back, a few comments

Could you comment on the day room you got at the Crane. What is this? A cabana type of thing or do you have access to a hotel room? What is the cost for this? just curious as I have visited the crane before for lunch and had a swim on the beach.

Thanks

Jon

4. Re: Just back, a few comments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:18