We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of petrol

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of petrol

We have hired a Jimny for our stay in Feb, haven't been to Barbados for 4 years and wondered what the price of petrol is these days....Can't wait to be back for 15th visit !!! Although sad to read via this forum of the demise of some of the old favourites around the island.

Nigel

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of petrol

There was a recent article in the Nation News that it was going up. If you go to their website you should be able to find it.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of petrol

Filled the hire car up 2 weeks ago and didn't even look . You can't go without it so why bother .the only thing is if you have to return it empty , just put in small amounts . Stoutes have the return empty policy.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of petrol

The price increased on Sunday Night to 3.50bbd per liter..

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of petrol

BlodwenLancz

I wouldn't worry too much about petrol prices. There is a very good a chance a new government will be in place by February when you visit, and if so, petroleum products will cost less than they do now. The current government's policy is to charge based on the landed cost of the product, which means the price changes almost every month. In recent tiimes gasoline has moved from $3.25 to $3.36 to $3.44 and now to $3.50 per litre. The highest it has ever been was $3.55 BBD a litre earlier this year.

Regards

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of petrol

Even at BBD$3.55 that is a lot cheaper than the UK.

You certainly want to return the car as close to empty as possible however you dont want to be caught short if you get lost! I have 2wice had that worry!

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of petrol

Thanks all.......I was just looking for a rough idea of the change..certainly cheaper than UK....I'd forgotten the election has to be called anytime now....so Owen Arthur might be back again

Cheers all

7. Re: Cost of petrol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:17